hello I am just starting a new project Custom Guitar

I will post a full Piccy thread when it gets going

Baicaly for now i have purchased a couple of no name humbuckers and a DiMarzio 3 Way switch and pots.

How on earth do i wire this thing togeather??

basically i want the 3 way switch to be Neck - Both - Bridge pickups

with 2 Vol and 1 Tone bit like a gibson (one vol per pickup but share tone pot)

from the pickups on one is a red and a bare wire and on the other a white and a bare wire but there are 3 points to solder to on each pot and 8 on the switch.

could some one do a quick paint digram to basically show how this would go.

i have searched but cannot find anything

Regards
Ben
Here you go

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Studio
London City Comet MK1
London City Spitfire II (Modded)
Squire Tele Custom (Modded)

Peavey Classic 30
Electro Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb
Line 6 Echo Park Delay
Visual Sound Jekyll and Hyde
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
It isn't as easy as that, his switch is different, and his humbucker wires.
I'll make a doodlygram.
Just something I need to know.. Do you know which is the bridge pickup? The one with the red, or the one with the white?
These go to eleven...
guys quick question, sorry for hijacking, but the normal connectins that don't say "Solder" do you just wind the wire around the hole like any old connection or is it a good idea to solder those as well?
Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Squier SG (Specs Unknown)
Kustom KGA-10 Ten watt practice amp
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
When soldering grounds to the back of a pot, there is no hole. But the solder will hold the wire on nicely.
These go to eleven...
Quote by JimPlaysGuitar
When soldering grounds to the back of a pot, there is no hole. But the solder will hold the wire on nicely.

no i mean regular connections, like on the ports of the pots, not the grounding
Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
You have to solder them, ofcourse. You can't just wrap it round a twist it. You can just thread the wire through and then solder it, or wrap it a little and then solder it, if you want.
These go to eleven...
k thanx alot, sorry threadstarter for hijacking

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
Heya thanks for the pic for the seymore duncans helps a bit get idea about where to ground to

ive got some pics

at the moment i have the white in neck as it has a longer wire ive mounted it on a spare strat picguard for now to stop it getting broken

if there is anything ese you need give me a shout
Ben

well i would attach pics if it would let me if any one wants them post your email and ill send them you

Thanks
cheers mate
i'm going to wire it up tomorow and see what happens
its going to start of as a strat and will have a new body and neck made in stages so that it remains playable at all times

details to folow ....