Page 1 of 96
Amazing band, i've been listening to Nightfall in Middle Earth almost none-stop all week, i'm just waiting to get a hold of Twist in the Myth. Nightfall is such an amazing song!

Opinions on this amazing band?
Wasn't there a thread on them just a while ago? No matter, their early stuff owns. Owns hard. Seeing them live in september.
I'm not familiar with a lot of their material, but what I have heard kicks ass, and Hansi is an incredible vocalist.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Quote by Mr. President
NiME is without a doubt one of the greatest power metal albums ever.

Once one hears Evolution Purgatory, great doubt forms
Yeah, Persuader has like the same style vocals but more pissed off and a heavier guitar sound. I don't really like the production of Evolution Purgatory though. Sounds to much like Iron Savior (same producer.)
Dead soldier! Go now to Valhalla!
Nightfall in the middle earth was like the first record I purchased. well one of the first. Mirror Mirror and nightfall are my favorite songs.
Did you like the Blind guardian and Iced earht mix ? with hansi and shaffer? i'm talking about teh demons and wizards.

EDIT: Imaginations From The Other Side is an amzing album..
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Will be seeing them in December with Leave's Eyes

I'm a fan of their earlier work, but the new stuff owns as well.
One of my favourite bands of all time. Also seeing them with leaves eyes in November. Ya, Nightfall is completely badass. Although the unreachable high point: The Bard's Song - In the Forest and The Hobbit. So utterly and completely fucking amazing.
One word describes Blind Guardian: epic!
Breedlove Studio D25/SM Acoustic
Epiphone Les Paul Custom w/ EMGs
B-52 AT-212 Tube Amp
MXR 10 Band EQ
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Blind Guardian have to be my greatest single influence. I mean how can you beat Andre's riffs? Those paired with Hansi's vocals are unstoppable. Amazing band, can't wait until December!
Blind Guardian Rule, I find it really hard to find any of their CD's around though. I'd love to see them live since they're playing here in September but it's over 18's only and they ask for ID

And Then There Was Silence has to be one of the best power metal songs ever
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Demons and Wizards is incredible

Iced Earth+ Blind Guardian is pure greatness
Quote by Op3th
One word describes Blind Guardian: epic!

I disagree. I'd definitely not call stuff like Battalions and Follow the Blind epic.
Quote by Bilzzard_of_Ozz
I disagree. I'd definitely not call stuff like Battalions and Follow the Blind epic.

I guess, I was leaning a bit more towards Nightfall in Middle-Earth when I wrote that.
Breedlove Studio D25/SM Acoustic
Epiphone Les Paul Custom w/ EMGs
B-52 AT-212 Tube Amp
MXR 10 Band EQ
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
who likes the battalions of fear album..

think it was their first. either way its bloody amazing!
Imaginations from the Other Side = one of the greatest power metal albums ever. Bright Eyes and Another Holy war are sex.
La mayyitan ma qadirun yatabaqqa sarmadi
Fa idha yaji' al-shudhdhadh fa-l-maut qad yantahi

Raptoral judgement upon all our sins
This placid island of ignorance
Quote by tirius
who likes the battalions of fear album..

think it was their first. either way its bloody amazing!

I think it was their first album released under the name Blind Guardian. I have it. I love it. It pwns. Gets an A+ from me.

Their version of Sandman is amzing lol

That one is so awesome!
I was told the other day that their earlier material is heavier and more aggressive. Care to point out any highlights of that era?
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Quote by dead-fish
I was told the other day that their earlier material is heavier and more aggressive. Care to point out any highlights of that era?

Battalions of Fear and Follow the Blind
I wouldnt describe blind guardian as an epic metal band .
Rhapsody is an EPIC metal band . BG is more like a power metal oriented band.
I've got one song by them - Demons and Wizards, I think. 'Tis very good. I need to get some more of their stuff.
Last edited by gimme_fuel_89 at Jul 28, 2006,
I've started getting into this band in the last couple of months and I think they're unreal. NiME is my favourite album of theirs that I've heard so far, Nightfall... what a good song.

I'm a total Tolkien nerd as well and I love thier interpretation of what the sound-track to the books would be.

I have to say that ANATO and NIME are their best albums yet, my friend got a leaked download of ATITM and I'm so jealous!
Quote by dead-fish

Tales from the Twilight World

FTW

Quote by Necrolust
I wouldnt describe blind guardian as an epic metal band .
Rhapsody is an EPIC metal band . BG is more like a power metal oriented band.

+1. Progressive/Power maybe?
im not usually into anything that "epic" but theyre alright
lets hold hands
here on the subway

cause we've been stuck here in teh dark for way too long...

lets all hold hands...

here on the subway
Quote by SGRocker0791
+1. Progressive/Power maybe?

That's probably it !
I dont know if others agree with this , but i have compared rhapsody with blind guardian ... it's like comparing an orange with a bannana (I'm NOT talking about the band and the music , i'm talking about the genre between the 2 bands) .
IftOS is the greatest album ever IMO. Did anyone see Imaginaginations Through the Looking Glass. I thought that was amazing. I want to go see them in September but have no way of getting there.
Quote by rush4life
Pretty much all of Fox's buddies were a pain in the ass. Falco was such a dick.

Member #13 of the UG Pink Floyd fan club. PM TimiHendrex33 to join.
I have Imaginations...it's good, but I think I'd rather listen to the albums. All I have really though is Follow the Blind and the songs Mirror Mirror and And then there Was Silence.

As for the comparison to Rhapsody...well, they're quite similar IMO. If you like one, you're most likely going to enoy the other. Both have folk elements and dramatic orchestration along with soaring vocals. BG just tends to be more harsh. Old BG is completely different though, obviously.
Dead soldier! Go now to Valhalla!
One thing I really like about them is their attention to detail, some examples are those short accent tracks in Nightfall In Middle-Earth. They really compliment the other songs.