I have a Gibson SG Faded Classic and when I bought it the factory strings were 10-46 I just put some 10-52's on it and in standard tuning it feels pretty heavy and I like it but Im worried it may warp my neck or even break the thing. I have it currently in drop D down a step (DGCFAD) and Im just wondering if I should get the truss rod fixed.
no you'll be fine.
The Don of the UG Mafia, PM me to join the family.

General of the Rage Against the Myspace Club, PM me to enlist.

Member #2 of the 'Shut the fuck up and respect other people's music' Club.' PM TheGospelOfRob to join.
That's not drop D, thats just D = )
Quote by Tom Martin

Jeez... if your house was on fire, what would you do? Phone the fire department, or go on UG and ask us what to do?
you should be fine. SRV did that for years, and his guitar came out fine.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
That's not too large a change, but since it IS wood - it's fairly delicate. I would get the truss rod checked just to make sure - when it doubt get it checked ^_^.
Originally posted by TMH88
Im not trying to brag or anything, but im pretty good for only having been playing a month. I play about 1-2 hours every day, about 35 days strait....

Yay for 35 day months!
Thanks everyone for your input, I'll play it safe for a little bit and have my friends dad check it out. Im tried of going into guitar center for little things.