Quote by captainjackass
but to be honest-my rythm sucks. Any song i could learn that might help me improve on my rythm?
i have the exact same problem
what you need to do is practice with a metronome. just come up with a simple strumming pattern. a common one that is used often and sounds good is the one in green days good riddance. heres the strum pattern:

play that with a metronome and get it perfect just using one chord. the strum should be down, down, up, up, down, up. after its perfect start changing chords after each measure. once you get that just make up some new patterns for yourself and practice them with a metronome.
^ metronome practice is definately good, but in an alternate idea i would recommend trying strumming patterns starting with downstrokes only, then down/up, then upstrokes, then alternating patters and i would recommend about 20-30 minutes a day of each of these until you're comfortable play any of them. and not to be a total d!ck but chances are if your rhythm is off the song isn't going to sound good, just learning the order of the notes isn't going to make that song sound right, its the rhythmic movement that is the other 50% that defines the song (well really theres a lot more than that but initially speaking) also i would recommend starting reasonably slow and working your way up as slower tempo is harder to play that quicker tempo (it may not make sense now but later on you'll be glad you did)
Are you tapping your foot along to what you're playing? It's amazing how many people don't, and it really helps you keep your rythym tight.
Quote by adamrandall
ahh yes SRV. i got the intro on texas flood (easy) and then he's like twangledoodleblopdebloo dun dun dun dun DA dun DA and im like *dead*.

The Unholy plays a Jackson Warrior X through a Metal Muff

Squigglymetal!
Heartbreaker by Led Zeppelin is great for improving rhythm, some good Metallica riffs such as the ones in Enter Sandman are pretty useful.