Hi all,

i was just browsing through some sites (its payday this week ) and i came across the Epiphone Dot studio which has been said to be a poor guitar, thats it reputation anyway. But im actually considering buying, its the same as a regular Dot just with a simple finish.
heres the one i might buy:

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=12007

and heres a regular dot for £100 more:

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=3003

Admittedly theres no tuno-o-matic bridge but other than that the studio seems pritty good, plus i like the plain Alpine White finish. What do you guys think, should i get it? Am i making a mistake?
Last edited by JerrySeinfeld at Jul 27, 2006,
Try out the Dot Studio yourself. You are making a big mistake because you're buying it for its looks, when you should be buying it for how it pays, and I think both have tune-o-matic bridge.

Edit: From the reviews I've seen at musiciansfriend.com, its a good guitar, but you should still try it out.
Sent from my iPad.
Last edited by paintITblack39 at Jul 27, 2006,
Quote by paintITblack39
Try out the Dot Studio yourself. You are making a big mistake because you're buying it for its looks, when you should be buying it for how it pays, and I think both have tune-o-matic bridge.

Edit: From the reviews I've seen at musiciansfriend.com, its a good guitar, but you should still try it out.

Iv played a regular Dot, i know the Studio is going to be different, but not drastically in terms of feel or action, just downgraded the looks
I had the dot studio when it came out. it was ok. It was more of a gift but i ended up trading it after 2 years for an epiphone les paul standard. It's a great guitar. I was kinda bugged by the weight distribution on the the Dot. It was a little body light but neck and head heavy. It made you always have to hang on the the neck. THe style was a little too bland for me too, i tried experimenting with it, i remember stuffing the sound holes for a more solidbody sound, it kinda changed it up a little. The clean sound was incredible though, sounds better than a solid body guitar, but for a more distorted sound it was ok, just kinda hard to shred on a dot then on a les paul. but try it out for yourself. Personally i prefer my lespaul but we all have different tastes in music. Later
dude...that pedal makes me want to curb stomp babies and eat your face.
Ok, for one thing, the regular dot comes with a hard case. That explains such a drastic price difference.

Secondly, the dot studio has only one volume and one tone pot - as opposed to 2 of each on the regular Dot.

The Dot studio has no fretboard inlays, no pickguard, and no pickup covers. And also "vintage alnicos" as opposed to just "humbuckers" (info from the epiphone site). It has no binding either. It only comes with black hardware.

There's some more info on the differences between the two. I've never played them, so it's up to you to decide which you prefer.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music