i subscribe to guitar world, and a few months ago, they did an article on john frusciante ( i know i spelled it wrong), of rhcp. anyway, on the cover theres a picture of him holding his strat with the back facing the camera, and i noticed he took the back cover off.

i was wondering what the advantages/disadvantages are of doing that.
This is how you keep a blonde busy for hours!
Click Here

Quote by gsr2k6
My gf tryed to click your sig link and then asked me why it wouldnt work .

Oh.. wait....
It doesn't really do much, some people just prefer it that way. I took mine off too.

Well, it does allow easy access for string changing and obviously the other stuff behind the cover.
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
I'll look cool, but crap might fall in there and it might mess with the trem
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
Maybe I take good care of my stuff, but nothing's ever fallen into the back of my guitar...
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
lmao at your sig... ^
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
I took it off cause it looks cooler and I didnt cut the strings like tom morello, I didnt know that that plate affected sustain, are you sure about that?
Quote by King ofKumbucha
What is plexi? Do you mean a guitar made out of plexiglass?
I never thought this looked cooler, but I have mad sweaty hands and my strings rust quickly so I have to buy new ones every month. This started becoming a hassle so I just took the damn back plate off so it'd be easier for me to change my strings. Once downside is that my belt buckle kinda jabs into the slot there while I'm playing so hopefully it doesn't cause too much damage and rip out the ground wire or something. XD
crap, I never thought of the belt buckle thing
Quote by King ofKumbucha
What is plexi? Do you mean a guitar made out of plexiglass?
I did it to mine...just so when I play with the springs I don't have to go through the hassle of taking it off. I eventually lost it anyway. Interestingly enough, the John Mayer Sig Strat comes with the back cover off, too. I don't think it really makes a difference tonally.
Hi, I'm Peter