I know theres lots of valveking threads and i've read all but not satisfied with the anwers. The arent any reviews on the 212, just for the 112, 212 cab and the head. So the biggest complaints I hear are reliability and the crap speaker. Is it really that unreliable, I looked through 4 pages of reviews on the 112 and of all there was like 3 or 4 people complaining. One guy just got really unlucky I think. The other guy I dont know but the point is everyone else was happy with the reliability. And next the speaker thing, there was a review written by someone who had been playing over 20 years and he said the dist channel was great and that the cleans sounded a little thin but when he plugged in his extension cab that had "Celestion c90's" he said it gave the cleans a new dimension and that they were better than the cleans of a hot rod. So what if I switched out the speaker for a celestion vintage 30>? those are good speakers right?

Im kinda set on the valveking. Amps here in canada are so much more, the american list prices for amps is about what they cost here in canada. And I seem to have found a pretty good deal for one on LA music.com cause its only a bit more then the price of one in the states. On this site its $611 CAD and on MF its $579 USD. I dont mind having to work on it a bit to make it useable.

If anyone wants a link here- Peavey Valveking 212

thanks for all the help
Quote by King ofKumbucha
What is plexi? Do you mean a guitar made out of plexiglass?
i hate my friends valveking 212, its definently not worth the money
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

why?
Quote by King ofKumbucha
Changing the speakers is supposed to make them sound infinitely better. I haven't changed the one in my 112 because I'm gonna buy a head and cab sometime, so I don't know for sure. It wouldn't surprise me though, the speaker sucks.
Ok, so I guess I should just look into how much those vintage 30's are. thanks for the help.
Quote by King ofKumbucha
Are you ****ing kidding me!? 600 CANADIAN!? Damn man, my local store sells them for 549. =P
but thats USD right? cause yea I told you stuff is so much more here
Quote by King ofKumbucha