hey all. i'm looking to get a new amp, and i've been looking at the valvetronix series from vox. my questions are:
1)what's your opinion on my choice? anything better for close to the price?
2)30 watt or 50 watt? can the 30 watt get over a drummer easily for practice?

thanks guys
i lost my virginity. can i have yours?

Member #18 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join

One nation, under a fictitious almighty power
The Valvetronix series are awesome from my experience. 50 watt has better speakers I think...
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

George Foreman Grill Appreciation Society
Don't bother with the 30. Get the 50. And whether there's something better out there is completely subjective. If you're looking for blues or classic rock tones, you can comfortably look no further; if you're looking for metal/prog/anything where a lot of heavy distortion is necessary, look around a bit more.
Hi, I'm Peter
thanks guys. i do play a wee bit of metal, but not as much as i plays blues ish stuff. if i got a pedal and threw it in front of the clean channel could i a get a good metal sound?

I dont know about using a pedal...the distortion on that amp is very very nice, espicially if you have a guitar that can handle it well. Crank up the gain and you'll soon be hearing a metal tone haha
My Gear-

Guitars
- Schecter Gryphon
- Ibanez GRX40

Amp/Effects

- Crate FXT65 With DSP
- Dunlop Cry Baby Classic

My Choice
- DR 9's
- Dunlop 2mm
Umm...maybe. You'd have to do some experimenting, especially with which "clean channel" you use, since there are three or four either dedicated to cleans or that you can get good cleans out of. When you change a channel, it also changes what EQ controls work on the Valvetronix.
Quote by the guitarist
I've got a AD60 VTX

It's kick ass and has really good options and programs =)

And it's also twice the price of what he's looking at.
Hi, I'm Peter
The Valvetronix is a truly incredible amp, even without the effects. The only thing it doesn't really do is metal, and you can get a pedal for that. Buy it. You won't regret it.
ok thanks. is the ad60 the all tube one?

Id say yes. I have one and i love it. Try one out yourself though.
Member __ of "The Mars Volta Fan Club".
the clean channels work great with pedals. ive played with a few of my friends as well as mine through my 30 and you can basically get any sound you want out of it. if i had more money though i would have bought the 50 watt