Sadly, I cannot bring my Bass amp on the plane.
...so i would like to know if any of u guys would recommend the line 6 bass POD or something similar for practicisng through head phones that is portable enough to take with me?
Just use your bass with no amplification.

Where are you going tho? (this is actually a relevant question)
Yes that would work fine but cheaper than a bass pod would be an M-audio Black Box. It's an audio interface for your PC but it's an amp modeller with effects and 40 preset drum loops. Oh, and a headphone jack £100 in the UK.

I would ask the airline you are flying with if you can take your bass as hand luggage, because most do not allow it. Also, if you have to check it, make sure it is well wrapped up with SERIOUS protection, and make sure you loosen your strings as well. So dont forget a tuner!!

p.s i am designing a product which will stop all this bollocks !
The Bass Pod is excellent for personal practise. I also have been known to use adaptors with my leads and plug direct into my PC, just be sure to turn the input into it to lessen the likeliness of any damage. Also, I've been known to use my Bass Pod as DI box into the PC.

Though, you can practise with a naked sound with no amp. It's good to do that once in a while. Good for improving your fretting technique. Any bad fretting will be very noticeable.
i owuld bring my bass on holiday but i cant currently afford the expensive heavyduty flight caes
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
If you have an active bass, get a 1/4th" to 1/8th" adapter, plug headphones into the 1/8th inch part, and plug the 1/4th side into your input jack.

Or, you could play acousticly. I use my DigiTech BP200 and just play with headphones... the POD is much better though. If you can afford it, go for it!

Dictator For Life of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Yertle to join.
Consider yourself lucky. Tommorow I'm flying 2500 miles away and can't even bring my bass. Two weeks without a fret in sight.
Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray > Digitech BP200 > Gallien Krueger 400RBIII/115

Co-President of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Incubus_Science to join.

Quote by crazypeanutman

damn yertle, you got some groove
I think ill probably go and tryout a pod. Ive got a hard case, so i wrekon my bass will survive...
Any way thanks guys

btw. im going to spain.
Quote by Yertle
Consider yourself lucky. Tommorow I'm flying 2500 miles away and can't even bring my bass. Two weeks without a fret in sight.

Where you going? Buy a cheap bass when you get there? when i went on holiday i bought a cheapo guitar when i got there and gave it to a little kid when i left, it made his year..
Hey, pods r good, just make sure you dont forget to buy a power converter as well.
The thing about loosening the string sbefore travelling, i was told not too as it alters the tension in the bass and so it wont play 'right' afterwards, without truss rod adjustment, and if left too long could damage the bass itself. I dont know how true this is. Anoher thing is to watch the humidity change with going to spain. Hope this is relevant.
Mmm. well if the action skrews up there is a music shop down the road from where im staying.
Quote by Applehead
Where you going? Buy a cheap bass when you get there? when i went on holiday i bought a cheapo guitar when i got there and gave it to a little kid when i left, it made his year..

awww, aren't you kind

that is a good idea actually, you could pick a really cheap nasty one up for a few bob, and just donate it to a worthy cause or summet

or just take your bass and don't use an amp. I practice quite often minus an amp (when its like 2am ) and it really helps, as smaller flaws get picked up on
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
You guys sound like you USUALLY practice with an amp... i barely ever!

but really, 90%+ of my practice is without an amp. the other 10% or less is when im with the band or i feel i wanna hear my stuff i made up on an amp.
^I always think its good to practice with the material you are going to preform with.

Quote by Incubus_SCIENCE
If you have an active bass, get a 1/4th" to 1/8th" adapter, plug headphones into the 1/8th inch part, and plug the 1/4th side into your input jack.

i just tried it it didn't work

edit changed phones now it works
MEMBER 6 OF I <3 Online Putt Putt Group
Puttsecks?
Quote by DoTheEvolution
I like peni better. It sounds funnier.
"a group of naked guys jumped me, I have never seen so much peni ."
he likes peni

Captain of the Rage Against the Myspace Club. PM Bloody Mary to enlist.
Last edited by RAGEING_BAD_@$$ at Jul 28, 2006,
Wait, so did it work or not? That was a kind of confusing post lol.

i meant to write edit it worked

now i just tried it through a couple pedals and it worked better (my boss ce-2 worked the best)
MEMBER 6 OF I <3 Online Putt Putt Group
Puttsecks?
Quote by DoTheEvolution
I like peni better. It sounds funnier.
"a group of naked guys jumped me, I have never seen so much peni ."
he likes peni

Captain of the Rage Against the Myspace Club. PM Bloody Mary to enlist.
One more thing to the threadstarter: The electrical outlets in spain look different than the ones here. You might need an adapter if you want to use the AC adapter with the POD.

Im pretty sure the electrical out puts are the same.
About practicing without an amp, i dont think thats a particually good idea, as its hard to tell if ur getting an event touch, or practice a piece with dynamics.
I would recommend getting one of these.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Universal-Power-Plug-Adapter-Europe-France-Italy-Spain_W0QQitemZ170010053870QQihZ007QQcategoryZ19315QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

If your from the US and have never been to Europe, chances are you've never had the problem of not being able to plug any electronics in.

Quote by Applehead

Aww, thats so sweet