I know this is a stupid question, just don't flame me, I already know I'm a noob.

What I want to know is, what sort of effects does an effects pedal add?
Are they easy to use?
Is there a good one in the 150 to 200 dollar bracket? (I'm willing to wait and save up more.)
Moonchild of Rory Gallagher Fan Club PM dazzler16 to Join

Quote by PinkIsCool
UG- The only place where a heartwarming moment can easily be turned into an act of homosexuality and incest.

Effects pedals is a general term. A pedal can be designed to do one thing (distorsion) or several things (EQ and boost) for example. There are a ton of pedals in the price range you set, and plenty above that as well. You would need to ask yourself how you want to manipulate your sound and tone, then search for a pedal that does what you want.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
if you want some examples and listings of effects and pedals there are many in the ultimate accesory sticky thread
any of the digitech rp series (rp100, rp-200..etc.) will be in your price range and will have everything from pickup simulators to flange chorus distortion amp simulations and lots more
150-200 could cover 2 pedals already

unless you are buying a delay(boss)

you could search for sound clips at Musiciansfriend.com

edit:
Quote by guitar_god22
any of the digitech rp series (rp100, rp-200..etc.) will be in your price range and will have everything from pickup simulators to flange chorus distortion amp simulations and lots more

Digitech DF-7
If you dont know CRAP about guitars i would get a g2.1u multi effects pedal
or any other effects pedal
thats what i did and i figured out what i liked and didnt like and now i have my own array of single pedals.
Stuff:Prs billy martin se, squier strat, peavey valveking 212, boss:mt-2,md-2,sd-1,tr-2,oc-3,Mxrdynacomp,G2.1U multieffects pedal.
my band
www.myspace.com/inyerdreams
Quote by Vantage
150-200 could cover 2 pedals already

unless you are buying a delay(boss)

you could search for sound clips at Musiciansfriend.com

edit:

Digitech DF-7

...sucks.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music