Haven't thought of a title to fit this yet, and I'm not sure if its really quite done because it feels like I'm skipping the begining or something....

"-----------"

Moving Up & Out & In,
This Serpent so Omnipotent,
and Digging Down & Through my Skin,
and Shedding my Three sets of Wings...

To Challenge the Sun,
is to Lose what was Once,
all you Had, all you Sought,
and to Never wake up.....
If you want to shine like the sun first you must burn like it.
its pretty pretentious man. 3 sets of wings, and a omnipotent serpent....sounds like a Tool song. Not that I'm complaining i loves me Tool, but you are no MJK.
moving up and out and in this serpent so omnipotent

(the serpent is considered an earthy creature of great wisdom - it engulfing the area around the person - omniptent means all powerful)

and diggin down and through my skin and shedding my three sets of wings

(the serpent is moving through the essece of the person, its engulfing them/ and a seraphim is the highest angel in heavens ranking and has 3 sets of wings)

To challenge the sun
(to go against mother earth)
is to lose what was once all you had, all you sought
(to lose everything, to lose your being)
and to never wake up
(to never regain consciousness to die to be no more)

that'll help you understand it.... hopefully

EDIT: i don't know wether to take pretentious as a compliment or an insult.... the way you used it, it could go either way....
Last edited by zero27 at Jul 27, 2006,
its interesting imagery, and i can follow its direction. but im not really sure what its trying to say.

and isnt the sun, and mother earth, different things?
i need to get a better signature.
Quote by MATTTHEMOP
its interesting imagery, and i can follow its direction. but im not really sure what its trying to say.

and isnt the sun, and mother earth, different things?

yes my friend see..... a serpent in this context is different then an actuall snake, and a sun in this context is different then "the sun"... the sun is what alows the earth to support life, so to challenge it is to challenge nature

I don't know if its a poem or a song, i once had it set to music but the music in my opinion didn't do it proper justice....

so does anyone like it? no ones really said....
i think its a bit too subtle for me to get anything out of it, because 1) im not sure what its trying to tell me 2) the links between the images are difficult to grasp and 3) these references to mother earth and the serpent etc, sound pretty inaccessable. unless ur trying to write to a particular audience. it sounds very prog, in that sense.
Quote by MATTTHEMOP
i think its a bit too subtle for me to get anything out of it, because 1) im not sure what its trying to tell me 2) the links between the images are difficult to grasp and 3) these references to mother earth and the serpent etc, sound pretty inaccessable. unless ur trying to write to a particular audience. it sounds very prog, in that sense.

i see this more of as a story... i don't actually mean "a story" but comparable to one in the sense of a story isn't there for you, it's not going to give you anything, you have to take from it.... get it?
Quote by zero27
i see this more of as a story... i don't actually mean "a story" but comparable to one in the sense of a story isn't there for you, it's not going to give you anything, you have to take from it.... get it?

well, in a sense i get you. but from that i wasnt sure to take from it. it was just so vague and alien. i couldnt grasp anything from it, so to me it felt like an abstract piece of modern art or something.
ill take that as a compliment...
Quote by zero27
ill take that as a compliment...

well if thats what you wanted. to put it blunt, i didnt like it.
you know the song In My Life? these lyrics look like it would fit in the style.
Quote by beanage
you know the song In My Life? these lyrics look like it would fit in the style.

by who? the beatles?