Page 1 of 3
Yeah, we have SG and Strat.. and prolly soon to be a Les Paul.

So who's your favourite Telecaster guitarist? Because Telecasters are a bit rarer than SGs or whatever, it doesnt have to be Fender, just the shape.

I vote Danny Gatton.

Outside of Fender I would say Pete Townshend with his Schecter Tele (is that why they called it the Schecter PT?)
Last edited by TimmyPage06 at Jul 27, 2006,
i don't know. none of the great really used a tele as their main guitar. hell, there aren't that many new guitarist that use them either.
My Gear:

Epi Les Paul Standard
Fender 48th Street Strat
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
Martin Koa Acoustic
Some crappy unnamed bass
Albert Collins the Master of the Telecaster
'11 Gibson LP Jr.
'07 Gretsch 5120
'69 Tele
'10 Godin 5th Ave. Kingpin
'03 Blueridge Dreadnought
'02 Custom Martin D-28
Premier Twin-8
Fender Hot Rod Dlx
Boss SD-1
alex lifeson and frusciante!!!
Quote by King ofKumbucha
What is plexi? Do you mean a guitar made out of plexiglass?
in terms of good songwriting and being well known and all that id probably say Keith Richards, in termms of technical ability i have no clue but it probably isnt Keith Richards.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
The guy from Radiohead...yeah right...haha.
KEITH RICHARDS all the way.
I think in terms of technique it has to be John 5 or Brad Paisley, but for some reason I seem to be having a mental block on any telecaster players I really enjoy listenting to...
^
^oh yeah I forgot morello used teles for drop D
Quote by King ofKumbucha
Quote by shok_411
I think in terms of technique it has to be John 5 or Brad Paisley, but for some reason I seem to be having a mental block on any telecaster players I really enjoy listenting to...

Yeah I got that too. I know plenty of players who play Teles.. but I cant ever think of them when I think of "Favourites playing the tele"
Quote by TimmyPage06
Outside of Fender I would say Pete Townshend with his Schecter Tele (is that why they called it the Schecter PT?)

Pete used loads of Fenders (especially Teles) in teh early The Who days sicne they were easy to repair when he smahsed 'em.

Well not to many has used one as their main guitar, but my nomiees (including Townshend) are Jimmy Page (Stairway tolo and Led Zep I is on a Tele and thats some awesoem stuff), Tom Morello and Keith Richards
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by Atlas
Didnt Jimmy Page play one? Ill go for him if so.

snap, I forgot jimmy to
Quote by King ofKumbucha
richie kotzen* or john 5

thread over

*=http://www.youtube.com/results?search=richie+kotzen&search_type=search_videos

learn about the tele god children!
Last edited by godofshred at Jul 27, 2006,
Quote by guitarfreek909
i don't know. none of the great really used a tele as their main guitar. hell, there aren't that many new guitarist that use them either.

You're a God damned idiot.
James Burton, Keith Richards, John 5, Muddy Waters, Albert Collins, Danny Gatton, Merle Haggard, Carl Perkins, Izzy Stradlin, Alex Lifeson, John Frusciante, Jeff Beck, Seymour Duncan, Jimmy Page, Mark Knopfler, Brad Paisley, Dave Grohl(a 72 custom), George Harrison, Tom Petty, Mike Campbell, Buck Owens, Pete townshend, Joe Perry, Brad Whitford, John Bon Jovi, Nic Armstrong, Syd Barret and Ron Wood.......... these are all the notable Telecaster players i can remember off the top of my head....
Quote by Keef-is-king
I think Buckley is just as known for playing a Les Paul...... He is great though, I can't fault you there!

Jeff Buckley for Live at Sin-E used only a Tele. On his Mystery White Boy tour used a Tele almost exlusively for standard tuning and a Ric 330-12 for his open G stuff. His Tele was really his weapon of choice and got out of using Les Pauls after he left GIT.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Guitargod1217
QUOTE=Atlas]Didnt Jimmy Page play one? Ill go for him if so.

yea, he pllayed one on the studio version of Stairway To Heaven.

so I vote Jimmy Page

he mainly played it when he was with cream i think. i saw some old videos on vh1 during the metal month they had. it was a tele with tiedie patterns on it with alot of light turquise.
Quote by deg0ey
The best pickups for emo are no pickups at all...

Gear:

1996 Les Paul Classic w/ Alnico II's
Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
I don't think Prince is an iconic Telecaster player. There are a couple guitarists on this list where people go "Hey, I think he used a Tele once live...I'll vote him!"
Hi, I'm Peter
He's still damned good with one though, you can't take that away. I think the "While my guitar gently weeps" performance is testament to that, along with some of his better music.
Quote by karateguy29
Keith Richards.

Ladies and Gents, we have a winner.

Also, them dudes in Status Quo rock pretty good.
Last edited by Vermintide at Jul 27, 2006,
Quote by bonchie1
yea, he pllayed one on the studio version of Stairway To Heaven.

so I vote Jimmy Page

he mainly played it when he was with cream i think. i saw some old videos on vh1 during the metal month they had. it was a tele with tiedie patterns on it with alot of light turquise.

Eh?

Check my old Jimmy Pgae rig i did a while back. Jimmy was never in Cream, he was in The Yardbirds. He used the Tele on Led Zep I and Hearbtreaker to!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Page 1 of 3