i'm looking for a guitar that has a really nice classic rock sound for under or around $2000. can any1 help me?
My Gear:

Epi Les Paul Standard
Fender 48th Street Strat
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
Martin Koa Acoustic
Some crappy unnamed bass
if u have that budget then definitely get a Gibson or a high end Fender (personally, i prefer Gibson ) what specific tone are you looking for (Slash, Jimmy Page, etc)?
Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
yeah...i guess classic rock then you might want a good SG, supreme or somethin (or though you are primarily paying for the flame top). LP's just dont cut it for me. Or get an Eric Johnson strat cos they really REALLY pwn. Or and Ibanez JS 1000, they seriously have a good classic rock tone, i know Ibanez arent known for that, and Satch (yay) is a shredder, but my teacher has one (hence the knowledge about the tone), and it can do it like hell!

hope that gives you some guidance

JM
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
the tone i'm looking for is kind of like a jimmy page/ slash sound, so i'm thinking gibson LP. what model would get me those kinds of sounds?
My Gear:

Epi Les Paul Standard
Fender 48th Street Strat
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
Martin Koa Acoustic
Some crappy unnamed bass
^ Yep, id go for an Epiphone Elitist LP(as good as gibsons basically), and spend the rest of that money on a new amp.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
i say standard. but maybe classic since it has hotter pickups, but i still say standard
Quote by xsynysterx06
adio_stack...i love you.
im not homo..

Quote by RideTheAnger13
lmao, omg, Adio, you have the best avatar known to man!
how about a deluxe?
My Gear:

Epi Les Paul Standard
Fender 48th Street Strat
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
Martin Koa Acoustic
Some crappy unnamed bass