I dont know that much about this kind of pedals, so I was wandering if anyone out there could recomend some that would be good for me ? Its just that the overdrive is so much louder than my clean... (JCM 800 1987, modded with mastervolume) so I want to boost it a bit without changing my tone...

thanx
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Takamine G Series 6&12 string accoustics

Marshall JCM 800 50w 1987 (4 input)
Marshall 1936 Cab

Jim Dunlop CryBaby
MXR 10 band EQ

R n'fn' R!
get the budda bud-wah with volume swell.. THE best sounding wah i've ever used (sounds amazing when you're playing clean or distorted) and the volume swell feature will help out your volume
Xotic RC Booster... check out their website... GREAT PEDAL
http://www.prosoundcommunications.com/english/video/michael_ward/index.html
first clip... there are lots more rc boost clips on their website also.

or the Barber Launch Pad - also good...

or the Buriss Boostier... probably the best but expensive.

Good Luck
My Favorite Rig Of The Moment

Fender American Strat -> Barber Tone Press -> Xotic AC Booster -> Keeley TS9 -> Hughes & Kettner TubeFactor -> Fender Blues Junior
A volume pedal cant boost your volume... I thought they just turned your volume down and when at full your volume are where it would be without the pedal... isn't that true ??
Gibson Les Paul Standard

Marshall 1936 Cab

Jim Dunlop CryBaby
MXR 10 band EQ

R n'fn' R!
Yes that is true... they were saying you can turn your volume down when you go into your overdrive channel... OR you can keep your standard volume through the pedal about 70% and when you switch to the clean channel just punch the volume pedal to 100%.

Do yourself a favor and checkout the pedals I mentioned.
My Favorite Rig Of The Moment

Fender American Strat -> Barber Tone Press -> Xotic AC Booster -> Keeley TS9 -> Hughes & Kettner TubeFactor -> Fender Blues Junior
Last edited by GuitarMD at Jul 27, 2006,
ok... and yeah I will check out those pedals

thanks
Gibson Les Paul Standard

Marshall 1936 Cab

Jim Dunlop CryBaby
MXR 10 band EQ

R n'fn' R!
Try an EQ pedal. You can use it to boost the volume, and you can use the EQ pedal to improve your tone. Kill two birds with one stone!