Recently finished a study on the "History of Free Masons". Thus i have found that it plays host to a variety of different ppl, but i have found no conformation of any successful guitarists. If u know of any please post them, if not MOVE ON.
first off what is a free mason?
Quote by Wasted-Youth
I laugh at people that say "well my mac doesn't get viruses!" That's like bragging that nobody breaks into your shack and steals your lawn chair.

Quote by Yakult
I've got more faith in Michael Jackson safely babysitting my cousin, than I do in Windows.
Freemasonry is a fraternal organization whose membership is held together by shared moral and metaphysical ideals and?in most of its branches?by a constitutional declaration of belief in a Supreme Being.[1]

The fraternity of Freemasonry uses the allegorical metaphors of operative stonemasons' tools and implements, to convey what is most generally defined as: A peculiar (some say particular or beautiful) system of morality veiled in allegory and illustrated by symbols.[2] This is currently illustrated in the 1991 English Emulation Ritual.[3]

It is an esoteric society only in that certain aspects are private;[4] Freemasons have stated that Freemasonry has, in the 21st century, become less a secret society and more of a "society with secrets."[5][6][7] The non-Freemason and historian professor Dr. Dieter Anton Binder of the university of Graz[8] describes Freemasonry as a confidential society in contrast to a secret society in his book Die diskrete Gesellschaft.[9] Most modern Freemasons regard the traditional concern over secrecy as a demonstration of their ability to keep a promise[10] and a concern over the privacy of their own affairs.[11] "Lodge meetings, like meetings of many other social and professional associations, are private occasions open only to members."[12][13] The private aspects of modern Freemasonry deal with the modes of recognition amongst members and elements within the ritual.[3][7]

While there have been many disclosures and exposés dating as far back as the eighteenth century, Freemasons caution that they often lack the proper context for true understanding, may be outdated for various reasons,[14] or could be outright hoaxes on the part of the author.[12] In reality, Freemasons are proud of their true heritage and happy to share it, offering spokesmen, briefings for the media, and providing talks to interested groups upon request.[12]
I had a prof who once found a nearly complete set of Freemasonry texts at a garage sale...a big no-no, because the books aren't supposed to leave the lodge/temple/whatever. Pretty cool find....
"He has a woman's name and wears makeup. How original."
--Alice Cooper, on Marilyn Manson.
sounds like scientology to me......j/k
people just dont understand, when after all.....i can self-destruct by my own hands!

your pain is a gift!
Freemasons tend to keep their affiliation a secret. Joe Satriani ain't about to go out and start divulging stuff like this. Furthermore, the Freemasons tend to be a fairly elite, or upper-crust, organization, so not many blue-collar dudes enroll, and the blue-collar sector is where most guitarists hail from.
Discolored skin gives me away.
my name is mason.......is that a good thing?
Quote by DieGarbageMan
i can become erect whilst displeasing women

What a talented person.
My grandfather was a freemason treasurer, as was his brother and father. I think it's a family thing, I ask him questions about it but he always manages to avoid straight answers.
Get off my lawn.
I doubt any guitarists were in the Masons although I suppose it's possible. I don't think it's the type of vocation where you'd find many.

Quote by Bmm386
You're kidding right?

The organization that nobody has any clue as to what they do?

They don't really do much. It's just some silly society where you're supposed to favour other members over non-members. It's like a gang but for old men.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by NOSPMISK
reported

*reported*

For being a fucking idiot. I hope you get warned you douche.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Freemasons help society for the better by donating, charities, etc..they're like Shriners, but secretive.
Get off my lawn.
My grandfather was invited to join the Freemasons, but he declined. If he had said yes, maybe I would have ended up in them too. Who knows...

Well I'm 18. And I might have said yes if they had asked. Oh well, there's still time.

Quote by robbie
Well I'm 18. And I might have said yes if they had asked. Oh well, there's still time.

If you want to join I believe you must have three freemasons from the lodge you're joining vouch for you, like a recommendation.
Get off my lawn.
Quote by HawkaLuigi
If you want to join I believe you must have three freemasons from the lodge you're joining vouch for you, like a recommendation.

Meh. CBA with that shit.