What's up, folks? I got a UX2 not too long ago and finally had a few hours to mess with it. This is a little 3-minute or so instrumental ditty I did just to familiarize myself with the UX2, nothing fancy. I recorded it using my Les Paul and micing my amp (a modded 70's Ampeg VT-22 with distortion supplied by my Line 6 PODxtLive), with a quickie, first-take solo and nothing fancy in regards to mixing. Hopefully I'll find some time before too long to record something more involved, with a more interesting drum pattern (maybe even more than one!) and some bells and whistles in the mixdown. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks!

http://myspace.com/thewilliamshatnerexperien

PS, it's the first track, marked "Demo" and should load automatically when the page does. The other tracks are old songs my band recorded a few years ago.
PRS Dave Navarro signature/Burny RLC-70 - Sonuus Wahoo wah/filter - Vox ToneLabLE - Boss DD-5 - Zoom MS-50G - Modded Ampeg VT-22 100-watt tube head or Peavey VK100 100-watt tube head (6L6GC's in both) - Soldano 4X12 cab w/Eminence Legends.
Oooh, i like it, quite nicely done. Everything blends together really well, and i really like the drums. You've got quite a bit of skill too, might i add. It ends a bit abruptly but you can easily fix that with a quick fade out or something, but other than that great job. Keep it up!

I actually have a Toneport UX1, and i love it. I dunno if this is a crit for crit deal but if it is, https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=398323 I recorded this whole song with my Toneport, as well as...well, everything else i've got.
My Solo Stuff

Quote by crazydiamond73
There's a shoe floating down the street on a raft, how many pancakes does it take to cover the dog? None, ice cream doesn't have bones.

Bow to me.
Quote by Piltdown
Oooh, i like it, quite nicely done. Everything blends together really well, and i really like the drums. You've got quite a bit of skill too, might i add. It ends a bit abruptly but you can easily fix that with a quick fade out or something, but other than that great job. Keep it up!

I actually have a Toneport UX1, and i love it. I dunno if this is a crit for crit deal but if it is, https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=398323 I recorded this whole song with my Toneport, as well as...well, everything else i've got.

Thanks for the kind words man, I appreciate it. I couldn't listen to too much of your recording, I've been having some computer problems tonight and Media Player kept freezing right after the vocals started. What I heard sounded good though, nice mix and I liked that clean guitar sound. Was that one of the UX's amp-models or a miced amp?
PRS Dave Navarro signature/Burny RLC-70 - Sonuus Wahoo wah/filter - Vox ToneLabLE - Boss DD-5 - Zoom MS-50G - Modded Ampeg VT-22 100-watt tube head or Peavey VK100 100-watt tube head (6L6GC's in both) - Soldano 4X12 cab w/Eminence Legends.
sounds awesome man... the rhythm guitar is killer. very nice lead melodies in there. great lead tone. drums were a little to techno-ish sounding (if that makes sense) the solo was okay.. but overall, this is a really good instrumental.. very nice!

EDIT: oh yea, i just bought a UX1 the other day, i havent gotten much time to mess around with it except installing it, but i hope i can make some killer tunes with it.

this wasn't using the UX1.. here : https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=401246
Last edited by Possession at Jul 28, 2006,
I used the Toneports amp models and stuff, but i edit them a lot (a LOT) to make them sound exactly how i want. I don't have a good instrument amp as of now, and i may not get one considering how good the toneport's stuff sounds (in my own opinion). No worries if you can't get to my song, i wont mind really.
My Solo Stuff

Quote by crazydiamond73
There's a shoe floating down the street on a raft, how many pancakes does it take to cover the dog? None, ice cream doesn't have bones.

Bow to me.