Okay, regular acoustic guitars have kind of a loud tone.

Do electro-acoustics sound as loud?

If so, what's the advantage of a regular acoustic?
they are both as loud as each other. regular acoustics just cant be plugged into an amp without a pickup.
The Gear:

Custom Strat
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Ace
Fulltone OCD
Electro Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
MXR EVH-117 Flanger
Fulltone Soul Bender
Regular accoustics miced up genneraly have a better tone than electro accoustics that are plugged into a PA or amp, but thats the only real advantage of regular accoustics i can think of, the usually sound pretty much the same unplugged, (assuming your playing an electro and a regular version of the same model guitar)
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
yah they are acoustically. a regular acoustic you can get more bang for your buck, since you dont have to pay for a pickup and an eq.
i lost my virginity. can i have yours?

Member #18 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join

One nation, under a fictitious almighty power
but i have an electro-acoustic, and unplugged it sounds slightly worse than a normal acoustic. i slight damper sound. might be the strings though.
get the g2.1u its awesome. hehe
eletroacoustics espically roundbacks sound worse accousticly than normal accoustics. But eletros can be plugged into an amp.
Current playing with:
Cort x-6 -->Laney HCM65R

On Zakk Wylde's guitar.
Quote by anaoshak
look at all those knobs, he must have a mean tone.

Quote by Joey Walker
Bottle caps buddy, they are bottle caps
ok, in cheaper guitars (i.e. anything under 1000 USD), acoustic-electrics tend to not sound as full/good as a regular acoustic guitar. there are alot of reasons for this, but imo, the biggest reason is the cutaway that is most-often found on acoustic-electrics. that is not to say that you can't get a regular acoustic with a cutaway or an acoustic-electric without one. in higher end guitars, you can get an acoustic-electric that will sound every bit as good as a regular acoustic, though. i'm sure there are cheaper acoustic-electric guitars out there that happen to sound as good as a regular acoustic, but the majority of them will not.
Im not sure if mine is actually softer than a normal acoustic because the last time i played on a standard acoustic it also sounded quite the same as mine. but i heard very high quality sounds on songs. i wonder if theres a setting for nce acoustic sounds on amps.
my acoustic amps dont sound like them ):