I'm just curious, what would be some good guitars for soloing / lead playing in metal or hard rock. No need for it to be versitile, just a nice metal / hard rock sound. Again, since I'm just curious, any price will do.

Oh and specific models, not just a general brand name.
Last edited by The way to hate at Jul 27, 2006,
I prefer Gibsons (assuming you can get a new one that doesnt suck (you wont find one at guitar center unless its a very expensive one)) but yeah the two most popular from that would probably be Ibanez or Jackson. BC Rich is nice too if you get a higher end model or one that was made in the 80s/90s.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I like shredding on my Les Pual.
Agile Al-3000 prestige, Carvin V3 half stack, Fender 75, Line 6 spider 112, roland microcube, JT serpent, JT Sg Custom, Washburn D-100, PODXTL, Monster Powerconditioner, George L's cords
ALL MY POSTS ARE *MY OPINION* GO HOME TROLLS!
personally i like throwing out solos on a strat with a maple neck.
My Gear:

Epi Les Paul Standard
Fender 48th Street Strat
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
Martin Koa Acoustic
Some crappy unnamed bass
my personal preferance is the Gibson SG. But of course its really up to personal preference.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
ehem..
rock metal soloing..maybe a schecter c1fr
or maybe a ibanez rg1570 prestige.
Stuff:Prs billy martin se, squier strat, peavey valveking 212, boss:mt-2,md-2,sd-1,tr-2,oc-3,Mxrdynacomp,G2.1U multieffects pedal.
my band
www.myspace.com/inyerdreams
Ok don't flame me but I would prefer a Strat with modded stakced humbucker (that fits in a single coil slot) pickups. The strat has a comfertable body and super fast skinny neck. Lower the action and guage in strings.