So my band is looking to start gigging here pretty soon. We are broke, so for a few small shows (like 30-50 people) would this work. Me: Mic to the clean channel of my Peavey amp. Guitar into my main amp. Gonna get a monitor, no idea how to hook it up but I wouldn't mind hearing myself. Drums dont need to be mic'd yet. Bass: mic into a little epiphone amp, bass into bass amp, need another monitor there too. So basically, I have no idea how to do live setups.
you prob wont need a monitor. ur talking lower volumes unless u can get the vocals loud enough.
usually a guitar amp feeds back when a mic is run thru it.
just keep it far from and in front of the singer.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
^ yeah...check out Behringer PA packages or even Nady PA packages. Theyve got all you need to run a basic PA for a small/medium crowd.

But other then that, you wont need monitors really. Try to keep the mic behind the amp your using for vocals too.
Quote by kurdtkobaign
^ yeah...check out Behringer PA packages or even Nady PA packages. Theyve got all you need to run a basic PA for a small/medium crowd.

But other then that, you wont need monitors really. Try to keep the mic behind the amp your using for vocals too.

Yeah, I was looking at those, but I need a new amp first. After that I'll be broke, so thats more of a long term thing. Using the amps for vocals would just be an interim thing, 2 shows max for a party at a friends house.