i would like to buy a new guitar in the next few months and i was wondering if it would be a good idea to head down to the States (i live in Canada) and buy one from a Guitar Center because i know that they have lower prices than any store in Canada for guitars. The problem would be getting it back into Canada because what i would be doing is an illeagal procedure. Any advice on dirtying up the guitar to make it look like it's used (not permanently) but not ruining it in any way? Also if u have any other suggestions, plz state them.
The 60s are gone, dope will never be as cheap, sex never as free, and the rock and roll never as great.
loads of fingerprints, just make sure that you don't hurt the finish and that you can wipe them right off.
the lesser known of the 4
The problem arises from the fact that if you don't declare it, and it's spotted by the border agent, you'll (I believe) end up paying customs AND a fine. If you can manage to keep it hiddin though, it should be worth it.
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust

Ok here's what you do..... You buy a guitar case in canada, cover it in stickers and even spray paint your name on it if you like. Now you get some P80 sandpaper and rough up all the stickers and the paint to make it look old and used. Now you take this case into the US with you and put your new guitar in it and ship it back. Problem solved!

well itl definetly be worth saving 300$ but wudda u mean declare it
The 60s are gone, dope will never be as cheap, sex never as free, and the rock and roll never as great.
I mean tell the border agent you bought a guitar. Otherwise this happens:

agent: I see...and what's in that case there? It looks new...
you: uhhhh...*shoots border agent, turns back and tries to flee to Mexico*

You're pretty much ****ed then. It's a hella long drive to Mexico.
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust
buy used gear and tell em you had it for years
Epi es335 dot(cherry)
danelectro 59 dc12 string
Taro(?)70's Jap Strat
Ibanez 70's 6string accoustic
SongBird 104 yn classical
Johnson Millenium 150 amp
Spider LP copy
but i dont know if there will be a whole bunch of taxes on the guitar if i tell him tht i bought it in the US
There will be taxes if you declare it, and if you don't you'll get a fine.

They can't prove that the guitar was purchased in the states. If they ask why it looks so new just tell them you treat it like a baby. But remember to take off any stickers/clear plastic from pick ups, try to get one where the strings look a little more used (cause you'll be replacing them anyways... hopefully) and rub your hands all over it and get a lot of fingerprints all over, tuners, bridge pickguard... everywhere, and ditch the bill, incase they end up searching you.
Hai UG!
ok, sounds like a plan.
Quote by The Unforgaven
ok, sounds like a plan.

write us from prison for shooting the border agent and let us know how it went.
just kiddin, good luck.
the lesser known of the 4
Quote by 5thhorseman
write us from prison for shooting the border agent and let us know how it went.
just kiddin, good luck.

haha gl with all of that
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!