My band plays mostly incubus, red hot chili peppers, and sublime.
We want to expand the number of bands we play but want to stay around those lines.
We also only have one guitarist(me) so anything with only one guitar would be much more helpful.

thanks for any help
Quote by Kneusje
^ He's right!

Quote by Flea of RHCP
I LOVE, I LOVE, I LOVE... KILLER WHALES! AND I LOVE MANGOS! AND IGGY POP TOO! I LOVE IGGY POP! AND EVEN GETTING UP EARLY IN THE MORNING, AND SWIMMING! AND TAKING A GOOOOOD SH*T! AND I LOVE ALL OF YOU TOO!

Quote by MetallicaNRoses
Not trying to be an ass, but maybe you should write your own stuff if you're runing out of material

MetallicaNRoses has a point start doing original stuff and covers and then shift towards the orginal side pretty soon youll have an EP with your stuff on it and it might catch on the local scene
we have some originals but i'm the only one in my band really interested in writing.

EDIT: also we're not running out of material just need some help in finding good cover songs.
Quote by Kneusje
^ He's right!

Quote by Flea of RHCP
I LOVE, I LOVE, I LOVE... KILLER WHALES! AND I LOVE MANGOS! AND IGGY POP TOO! I LOVE IGGY POP! AND EVEN GETTING UP EARLY IN THE MORNING, AND SWIMMING! AND TAKING A GOOOOOD SH*T! AND I LOVE ALL OF YOU TOO!

like MetallicaNRoses said, not to be an ass, but theres many hundreds of bands out there, so there is no way u should run out of songs to cover.
ok dont listen to stephen_bedell. all those bands suck ass. firstly, i cant believe your out of chilis material, but try some oasis or pearl jam, just my thoughts.
we're not out of chilis material its just that we have about 16 covers and 9 are chili peppers. we want to diversify our material to appeal to more people while trying to keep our own personal sound. We don't want to be an RHCP tribute band.

I just wanted some band suggestions because none of us have a large collection of cds or anything and thought people on here might have been able to help us find some good cover songs.

By the way we WROTE MORE MATERIAL to people who were "trying not to be asses."

EDIT: thanks to chilibassist for not being an ass and contributing something. i give you a tip of the hat.
Quote by Kneusje
^ He's right!

Quote by Flea of RHCP

Last edited by RHCPKicksA$$ at Jul 31, 2006,