Give these guys a thread.

I've just gotten back into these guys in a big way. Especially their two fan-****ing-tastic concept albums, Arthur and Village Green. Right now, I'm leaning towards Arthur as my favorite Kinks album, but I've been switching between the two.

Other than those two, they have some pretty damn good albums...Something Else By The Kinks, Face To Face, Lola vs. etc. etc. I've heard Muswell Hillbillies is pretty good, anyone else have it? Worth getting?

Give it up for the Kinks, what's your favorite album? Song (I'd say Shangri-La)?
The Kinks are great. Low Budget is a must have. Does anyone have Muswell Hillbillies, Misfits or Schoolboys in Disgrace?
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
I do like what I've heard a lot and they're really a band I need to get into more.

EDIT: ^BTW BrainDamage what are those in your signature? tour dates? If you're going seeing the James Gang for two nights in a row I hate you
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
Last edited by Calum_Barrow at Jul 27, 2006,
The Kinks are one of the greatest bands the World has (and will) ever see in my opinion.

'Set me free' is probably my favourite track, but they did so many amazing songs in their time.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Quote by Calum_Barrow

EDIT: ^BTW BrainDamage what are those in your signature? tour dates? If you're going seeing the James Gang for two nights in a row I hate you
yes, they are tour dates. I'm not going to everyone of those shows as of yet, but I have 9th row tickets for the James Gang on 8/18. I'm in the process of convincing my parents to let me go on the 19th. It's general admission and I've got the money to spend, so I really want to do it.

I'm going to try and get a camera in on the 18th, if I can get some good shots, I'll post them
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
Last edited by BrainDamage at Jul 27, 2006,
I got into them earlier this year and now they're like my #2 or #3 band...and I got the chance to see Ray Davies live two weeks ago...he was ****ing awesome.

Shangri-La is ****ing genius. Good to someone else recognizes it as such. That, Sunny Afternoon, and Waterloo Sunset are all amazing songs...as are almost everything they did between and including 1965 and 1970.
Founder and member #1 of "The Beatles really are the greatest" club...PM me to join.

Quote by Zeus2716

but whatever you do, never, i repeat NEVER masturbate with hot sauce.
Yeah The Kinks are great but they're often overshadowed by The Beatles, Sunny Afternoon and Waterloo Sunset are exceedingly good...."The taxman's taken all my dough and left me in my stately home"....
Co-founder of the UG Pink Floyd Fan club PM me or nick dixon
Winner of the CR Best Avatar Award

Quote by bodyheatseeker
ohhh burrrrn!
That's how we roll in the CR forum.
Irritate us, and we'll sic our 14 year old on you!
The Kinks are absolutely fantastic.

I own a few albums by them, but can't find them all at the moment.

Favorite album... The Village Green Preservation Society.

Favorite song... "Catch Me Now I'm Falling" from Low Budget.
^^ Yup. Great song. I wouldn't say their best, but we can agree to disagree.

Supposedly that song was a bit scandalous for having supposed homoerotic connotations...but I can't figure out how.
Founder and member #1 of "The Beatles really are the greatest" club...PM me to join.

Quote by Zeus2716

but whatever you do, never, i repeat NEVER masturbate with hot sauce.
I love the Kinks so much, I'm gonna' see Ray Davies in November, should be good!
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by frippogenics
The only line I would figure would be this:

"She is gone and now there's no one else to love, 'Cept my friends."

Shrug.

Yeah, but obviously friends could go either way - boy or girl.

It's really the public (or FCC, or whoever) that made it appear "homoerotic" (unless, of course, it was intentionally written that way ).

It's like when people decide to be dumbasses, and put spins on the word, "Come".