Poll: Best guitarist ever!?!
Poll Options
View poll results: Best guitarist ever!?!
Jimmy Page
3 20%
Jimi Hendrix
6 40%
Alvin Lee
0 0%
Eric Clapton
3 20%
Tommi Iommi
0 0%
David Gilmour
0 0%
George Harrison
0 0%
Other
3 20%
Voters: 15.
theres a million best guitarist threads but some of my favorites are
Randy Rhoads
Alvin Lee
Alex Lifeson
jimmy page.
This is the forum where we mostly talk about mediocre musicians from decades past.

I don't think such a forum as the one you described exists on UG.
Jimi Hendrix. Bottom line. and that's about it for classic rock . well Robin Trower was pretty sweet, Came close to Hendrix. But not close enough
No such thing. Matter of opinion. Anyone with an ounce of intelligence in them would at least know enough to read the rules before entering this forum. If you had of done that, you would of realized that this kind of thread is against the rules. So, in light of this new discovery of the rules....

*reported*
This is the forums where we mostly talk about mediocre musicians from decades past.

I don't think such a forum as the one you described exists on UG.

Im Not sure i get what ur saying but if your trying to say the guitarists listed are mediocre you need to get your ears checked, you dont have to play 20nps to be good. if thats not what you meant im sorry ignore that and tell me what the hell you meant.
Quote by hippieboy444
what rule was broke!?!

Well, now that you've put in a poll, you've broken 2.

Number 1 - Polls: Polls will be deleted unless it makes sense to have a poll. In other words, if a poll title is "Favorite Led Zeppelin Song" and you can't place every Led Zeppelin song in the poll, then it makes no sense to have a poll. Those polls will be deleted. There is no problem with starting a discussion about a favorite album or favorite song but do not include a poll.

You can't exactly list every guitarist in CR now can you?

Number 2 - There is no point in trying to compare musicians all of the time. This is not a competition, this is Music. This also includes any thread needlessly comparing musicians. Even comparing albums or songs of the same band is considered competition. IT IS AN OPINION!! There is no ?best? of anything. However, just because a thread does not have a poll, does not mean that it isn?t a competition.

Answer your question?
Quote by hippieboy444
THANKS FOR INFORMING ME!

I'll try not to break more rules in the fututre?

Quote by Yoda
"Do or do not. There is no Try"

Read this next time and you can easily avoid breaking rules.
Quote by Resiliance
I'm more of a hermafrodite guy.

Quote by apocalypse13
Lolz

/ultimatesin = genius]

[/really super obvious]

Original creator of the Resi Signal(s)
Only old shred forum regs get it

Some MP3's from me.

My Videos

Click for awesomeness
calm down deadhead, it aint like he commited bloody murder, he only started a thread. Nd so he mite have breached a small rule, but when did it become ur place 2 enforce them? so calm down, the boys just curius, nd y do u care so much, let him be, nd if u aint got nutin 2 say, dont. Bugger off...

nd nyways, hendrix rocks, but then so dus Page. But whovea da guitarist from lynard skynard is, hes feckin brilliant, i luv da solo 2 freebird.
Quote by Brit_Rock
calm down deadhead, it aint like he commited bloody murder, he only started a thread. Nd so he mite have breached a small rule, but when did it become ur place 2 enforce them? so calm down, the boys just curius, nd y do u care so much, let him be, nd if u aint got nutin 2 say, dont. Bugger off...

nd nyways, hendrix rocks, but then so dus Page. But whovea da guitarist from lynard skynard is, hes feckin brilliant, i luv da solo 2 freebird.

Well, for one thing, its not just me, all of us have the right to enforce the rules. Which is why the "Report" button was put into place. I'd personally like to keep this forum clean. The users of this forum have the potential to have and keep intelligent conversations, and make up some interesting threads. But that can't happen when guys like this (I don't think this is the first time hes made a stupid thread. I think I remember another one) are making threads like this one, which are clearly against the rules. By me reporting this thread, it might stop other people from making similar theads, and in turn, keep the forum clean.

And before you and try and tell me what to do, work on your damn spelling and grammar. No one will take you seriously when you speak (type) like that.
Last edited by deadhead313313 at Jul 27, 2006,
Quote by deadhead313313
And before you and try and tell me what to do, work on your damn spelling and grammar. No one will take you seriously when you speak (type) like that.

No, No. Let him make another post. The deterioration of spelling and grammer in his post was mystifying.
Quote by Maet
No, No. Let him make another post. The deterioration of spelling and grammer in his post was mystifying.

I lost enough brain cells just reading his illogical ramblings. I'd prefer to keep the survivors.
Brian may no questions asked
QUEEN+PAUL RODGERS 3/10/06
roger waters 9/8/06
the who 9/16/06
eric clapton 10/03/06
the who 12/2/06
Mika 6/13/07
Rush 6/27/07
Roger waters 7/10/07
Elton John 3/??/08
The Who 10/24/08
Iron Maiden 04/02/09
Iron Maiden 07/12/10
deadhead i can tell you lost brain cells because the way you act there seem to be none.
QUEEN+PAUL RODGERS 3/10/06
roger waters 9/8/06
the who 9/16/06
eric clapton 10/03/06
the who 12/2/06
Mika 6/13/07
Rush 6/27/07
Roger waters 7/10/07
Elton John 3/??/08
The Who 10/24/08
Iron Maiden 04/02/09
Iron Maiden 07/12/10
he was right though. It's easy, all people have to do is read the rules before they post here. It's a pain in the ass when the same stupid threads keep showing up.
Quote by FreddieMercury
deadhead i can tell you lost brain cells because the way you act there seem to be none.
he's got more brain cells then you...
Quote by Maet

now come on and stop posting, this was already reported and will probably get closed soon.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
I vote deadhead for next mod.

EDIT: My bad Brain Damage, I didn't see your post.
Quote by thefoldarsoldar
you sir, are funny as hell.

Follower of the Church of Gilmour, PM happytimeharry to join