I'm looking for a new amp preferably tube. I play Rock such as AC/DC and Led Zeppelin also harder Rock like Guns N Roses and Velvet Revolver and also quite a lot of Metal like Metallica, Iron Maiden and Pantera. I play an Ibanez SZ320 through a Crybaby wah and Boss Overdrive/Distortion. Any Suggestions would be good I have about £700 and I would like an idea of what amps to test out on my next trip to the local guitar shop. I was thinking of a Marshall Dsl401 but I want to get the best amp I can for my money not just pay for the name.

Thanks in advance for any help.
LIVERPOOL FC
JCM 800 for shure ! They rock, and almost every rock band in the 70-80 used them, including most of the ones you named
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Takamine G Series 6&12 string accoustics

Marshall JCM 800 50w 1987 (4 input)
Marshall 1936 Cab

Jim Dunlop CryBaby
MXR 10 band EQ

R n'fn' R!
engl screamer probably. or laney tt50 combo.

can you up that price slightly or is that the absolute maximum?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^^ you could maybe swing a genz benz el diablo combo for that, the RRP is £1100, but a guy quoted me £1000 before I even started to haggle, so you could maybe swing an ED for £900. Also, the mesa f30 would be worth a look (both of those in addition to the screamer and tt50, since none are really "better", it just depends what you prefer...).

the laney vh100r might be worth a look too, it's £600 (or a little less maybe), you could get a laney tt cab for about £330...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'd say either an ENGL Screamer 50 combo or maybe a used Marshall (JCM 800 combo or possibely a JCM900). Those would all be great, although, it might be harder to find used stuff. The Screamer should suite those tones though, maybe an EQ pedal would help with some of the voicings as well (it could thin out your tone for Pantera or darken in for Metallica and GNR).
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join
JCM 800 and a boost for the pantera
Quote by R_H_C_P
You're joking right?

It's like comparing sex to sticking your penis in a blender.