I don't have enough money for the ibanez and i could get BOTH of these for what i have http://www.rondomusic.net/web846tg.html
http://www.rondomusic.net/web846fl.html

same models just one is fretless and the other is fretted... both are 6 strings and both are active... i've only heard good reviews from rondo and i've also bought a bass neck from them before... let me hear your thoughts
Getting these new Rondo sixers is good if:

1) You don't have much money
2) You don't want to save
3) You want two new basses
4) You want a fretted and fretless
5) You don't know if you really WANT a six string, tehrefore can't justify the 630 dollars for the 506.

The SR506 will have better pickups, preamp, construction, quality control (out of the box, depending on where you buy it and how well they keep it), resale value, woods, etc, but this is at a price.
haha
i've been playing a rogue 5 string and squier fretless for almost 3 years... hard to get any money...

i am POSITIVE i want a 6 string... but i need 300 some more for the ibanez and i have already been saving for a long time and am getting nowhere... i've heard good from rondo and these don't look half bad.. has anyone tried these basses? or heard anything bad about them?

i don't plan on resale of anything really...
Rondos are better than Squires and other starter packs, but DEFINATLY not as good as an Ibanez... especially the SR506. Your Rogue 6'er might even be better than those.

Dictator For Life of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Yertle to join.
well i know for a fact rogue isn't even close in all aspects...

i've only heard good things from rondo music but i need to know what is wrong with those basses.. and how do jazz pickups compare to humbuckers..
Bartolini soapbar (humbucker) pickups will give you a much wider range of tone. They are active pickups, which means that you are able to boost many different aspects of your sound instead of classic passive jazz pickups.

Rondo basses are also set up and manufactured fairly poorly. They are made much nicer than Squire or low end Ibanez basses, but they are still constructed terribly. Basses bought off of Rondo Music will require a decent set up to make them playable.

well those pickups are actually active not passive... and i'm looking for somewhat of an aggressive tone
Quote by Incubus_SCIENCE
Bartolini soapbar (humbucker) pickups will give you a much wider range of tone. They are active pickups, which means that you are able to boost many different aspects of your sound instead of classic passive jazz pickups.

Rondo basses are also set up and manufactured fairly poorly. They are made much nicer than Squire or low end Ibanez basses, but they are still constructed terribly. Basses bought off of Rondo Music will require a decent set up to make them playable.

Not necessarily always that bad, it's a fairly common misconception though.
haha
I'm with all the other guys on here, i honestly wouldnt go with the one on rondo, i would keep looking. if there is ANY possible way you can afford it, go with the ibanez. i just played a 406 today, and i think im going to buy it off of my bass teacher for my lessons happy hunting
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Not necessarily always that bad, it's a fairly common misconception though.

I didn't say all of them were... most of them are.

EDIT: I was just on talkbass when I came across this:
http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=264570
You might want to read through that...

alright alright...
well i've narrowed down my mind to the sr506 or the dead edge Q6... still not enough money for either
Inky: you're generalizing Rondo stuff. Sure you're right about most of the SX's, but the douglas and Brice are much better.

Anyway, read the talkbass thread, and you'll see a few vouch for a GREAT feeling douglas 6'er for VERY little money.

Hey i love My SR series as much as the next guy, but if i could have saved 300ish on the bass and put it towards a better amp, ... hot dayum lol.