What does everyone think of PRS guitars in general, particularly the PRS SEs? I have a friend who thinks the world of PRS and want to get some opinions on how good they are for metal/rock/whatever.
IMO PRS is the best high production company (compared to Fender, Gibson, ESP, Yamaha, etc) to buy from. I love my PRS Hollowbody, and every PRS i've played has felt so alive; played so nice. Great instruments, well thought out and perfectly executed.
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
^ another great word of a god.......damn i love you algee!!!!
Founder of the Trombone>Sax>all club, pm me my fellow 'boners!!

we hit harder than anyone else. Ug's lacrosse club, pm me or hrdcorelaxplaya to join!
I wish i had the honor to play one. Not the SE ones.
My Gear-
Schecter 006 BlackJack
Ovation Tangent T357
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Roland Cube 60
Boss NS-2, CE-5, DS-1
DiMarzio Pedal Couplers
^--then go to your local shop or guitar center and try one. try something like the Custom 22/24 or the McCarty (dont really like it as much as the Customs). Maybe even try a CE.
How about I play yours? Maybe you can mail that sexy beast up here to virginia for a week and I will mail my Schecter Blackjack to you. How bout it? eh eh? Not many people have played the 006 blackjack. you can be one of the select few? And also they always keep the decent PRS like 20 feet on the wall. My day will come.
My Gear-
Schecter 006 BlackJack
Ovation Tangent T357
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Roland Cube 60
Boss NS-2, CE-5, DS-1
DiMarzio Pedal Couplers
hayl no! haha. ask the guy and he will give it to you maybe. at the guitar center i went to, every time i asked to try a PRS i played it and then the guy started polishing it. That was good to know, though, when I bought my PRS there. I always smells good because of the polish!
Yes.... I never understood what "taking care" of your guitar meant until I bought my set. We've already stated how much we love our Customs, but as far as the SE goes, I'd do it. I love the quality you'll still get for the money. Alright.... I'm done....
Mesa Dual Rec/ Mesa 4X12 cab
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
tr-2 tu-2 / EHX DMM / MXR Script Phase 90 / SMM w/ HAZR
WH-1 Whammy / 535Q Crybaby
I seriously envy you people with a PRS you two above me. And also most people wont give a 17 year old kid a 3000 dollar instrument. Unless i walk in with a few benjamins in my hand.
My Gear-
Schecter 006 BlackJack
Ovation Tangent T357
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Roland Cube 60
Boss NS-2, CE-5, DS-1
DiMarzio Pedal Couplers
ive played a PRS Dont-know-what and a PRS Santana at Guitar Center and i loved them both. The play very very well.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Squier Classic Vibe Tele
Fulltone Clyde Wah
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone Deja Vibe
Fuzz Factory
Carbon Copy

Boutique Marshall-Style 50watt amp head
Orange 2x12
I have both an American PRS and an SE. Like them both. The SE is the Soapbar. Bit of a fatter neck. No frills body. But great tone.
Hi, I'm Peter
PRS's are amazing guitars, they are just overpriced IMO.
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

Yes. I absolutely love mine. Best warm cleans of my 3 electrics, and really good distortion. The neck is a bit thicker than the standard PRS neck. If you get it, I highly recommend shielding the control cavity, but other than that, it's awesome. I might upgrade to a slightly hotter bridge pickup (weak when compared to the neck), but that's it. Love it. BTW - try out several. When I tried mine, I tried a black, a red, and the tobacco burst. There were very audible differences between the tone on these guitars. I ended up going with the tobacco burst. Also, the stopbar tailpiece isn't the best system in the world, but the intonation is pretty good with .09s. And you can adjust either side.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by flyingjew34
PRS's are amazing guitars, they are just overpriced IMO.

no buddy...., your low priced....!

Anyways, PRS are the shiznit, but i cant decide on a GIbson Custom shop or a PRS custom. Tried them both out but cant make up my mind, seriously I wouldn't need a another guitar with 5-way switch which i only need on my soloing guitars Ibanez's Prestige..
[img]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9672/stevevaisigver24vf.jpg[/img]
Just an influence.
I love PRS guitars, SEs included.

But, as I've said before, I'd sell my sister for a Custom 22.
Quote by sylent
no buddy...., your low priced....!

Anyways, PRS are the shiznit, but i cant decide on a GIbson Custom shop or a PRS custom. Tried them both out but cant make up my mind, seriously I wouldn't need a another guitar with 5-way switch which i only need on my soloing guitars Ibanez's Prestige..

Just do what I did... Get a PRS Standard or Custom then do a McCarty mod to it. The sounds are more usable anyway.
Hi, I'm Peter