What happens when you play a bass guitar through an electric guitar amplifier, ive hear the amp blows up cause it cant handle such low frequencies. Anyone know? Ide also like to know if the same happens if you play an electric guitar through a bass amp.
PEaCe oUt
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
bass thru electric, speaker cant handle it.
electric thru bass amp, fine.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
not really freaky.

its just that bass amps pick up mpre of the low end freq. then high ends.
guitar amps do somewhat of the opposite.
i use a bass amp and guar amp.

ilovemytonesomuch
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
if you play a bass through a guitar amp then it WILL damage it, it may sound fine for quite a while, but it won't hold out for too long.
Quote by Tom Martin

Jeez... if your house was on fire, what would you do? Phone the fire department, or go on UG and ask us what to do?
Tip if you do decide to do that, TURN THE BASS TO 0, then its fine, well for me anyway
Quote by rocknrollstar
"Oh baby baby yes yes YES! YES! *pinch harmonic*"
Yah, i've heard an Uger's friend blew up his amp like that.
Gear:
Black Jackson Dinky 2
Peavey Envoy 110
and that's it.
I just wouldn't, I don't want my amp to explode thanks!
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
My teacher usually uses normal guitar amps, Laney 15W SS amp and plugged bass/electric thru it, its just fine, nvr exploded or anything. Just that when using bass he maxed out the bass eq.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by jj1565
bass thru electric, speaker cant handle it.
electric thru bass amp, fine.

She's right... I've found like, 20 threads where she's posted something, and hit it on the head... Her knowledge is equal to mine.
Quote by ColdNovembeRain
I have carpal tunnel, caused by profuse masturbation.
gawd, that's gonna get sigged...

Jesus for president, king, emperor, vice president, chairman, prime minister...ect. PM Cashewchaching to join the campaign. or just sig it.
bass through guitar amp just gives it too much juice it will wreck it in the long run

many classic guitar amps fender bassmans vox and some marshallls started out as bass amps so that way is sweet
Quote by Sirnogbert
...Damn you.
Quote by RelientKaddict
She's right... I've found like, 20 threads where she's posted something, and hit it on the head... Her knowledge is equal to mine.

hold your ego dude

The bass player in my band has been playing through my cheap Ibanez TB25R for some time now (at least half a year) and the amp has been handling it quite well up to now.

Of course I'd never let him put his bass into my Peavey Classic
^LAf.

yeah, if u know ur amps limitations, can equalize out alot of the low end, and dont mind taking a chance with it, u can usually get away wt using a guitar amp for a while.
but if u love ur amp, ur not going to want to do.

a bass will vibrate the heck out of that speaker, and its just not good for it.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
my friend did that to his brother, but I thought it was because he was using more gain than Kerry King.
Dickless.
Unless you're cranking volume and the bass control, you can get away with playing bass thru a guitar amp. The tone won't be ideal (will lack low end), but it will work.

However, prolonged use and use at high volumes will eventually damage the guitar amp, which isn't designed to deal with the low frequencies bass delivers.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor