me and me friend have been jammin alot and decided to try some dual guitar songs so far we have dont: A Gunshot To The Head of Trepidation(Trivium) , Unholy Confessions(A7X) and are working on The New Order by Testament. We would like to know if you have any suggestions for other songs that are good for dual guitars cheers
My Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Black Beauty
Marshall MG100DFX
Line 6 Pod XT Live

Wish List
Marshall DSL401
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Maxon OD-9
Boss DD-3
Digitech Whammy
ISP Decimator
MXR Phase 90 EVH
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Sounds like you're into metalcore.

If you want great guitar duels.. listen to the Allman Brothers.

'Nuff said. Dickey Betts and Duane Allman are GODS.
My gear:

MIJ Squier Stratocaster

Washburn WR150 Quilted Top

Oscar Schmidt Semi-hollow Delta King

Epiphone Hummingbird

Amps: Fender Eighty-Five
A good use of two guitars is harmonizing. Iron Maiden use a lot of harmonizing in... well, basically all of their songs (or at least most of them). Harmonizing is one of the best things you can do with two guitars, and Iron Maiden is definitely good harmonizing practice. Try "Aces High" or "Flash of the Blade" for fairly easy but awesome harmonies.
^i couldnt agree more but since your probably not gonna play that stuff try hangar 18 by megadeth theres alot of trade offs at the end. Dead Skin Mask By Slayer has two guitar parts.
EDIT: the i couldnt agree more refers to the comment about the allman brothers.
alot of slayer songs need 2 guitars to sound right and iron maiden songs too.
I Survived The "Silent Deftone Cocksucking Forum"!-August 15th, 2006
meat sandwich by GWAR is the greatest example of dual guitar harmonies, they are constantly working together to make a great sound
plus it's standard tuning, so that's easy
Quote by steven seagull
good, however give yourself a pat on the back for starting a thread that contains a picture of Optimus Prime!

Quote by Schneiderman
This thread sucks and is now about slot cars.
Quote by caughtinamosh
meat sandwich by GWAR is the greatest example of dual guitar harmonies, they are constantly working together to make a great sound
plus it's standard tuning, so that's easy

HAHA, i love GWAR. Also, check out Immortal Corruptor by them. The beggining is both the guitars and the bass colaborating.
Quote by krymson
I hope that we could get some real metal out there. I guess A7X a start...
But nu metal does have its moments like Slipknot Mushroomhead and Korn.

Quote by VR2005
...Scales are basically the most useless thing in jazz...