So i walked to the Rock Shop today. And I played a Randall RG100G3. Its all SS and its pretty expensive. I played it threw the the exact tele I have. And I play metal type stuff. I was pretty pleased about the sound. But after tax on 575, I was just wondering are there any tube amps I could get for that price
My Rig:

Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Es-335 Deluxe
Line 6 Flextone 3 XL
Norman B-50
1980 Fender Acoustic

oh and, does anyone have any feed back on this amp
My Rig:

Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Es-335 Deluxe
Line 6 Flextone 3 XL
Norman B-50
1980 Fender Acoustic

Randall make some of the best SS metal amps available. It's actually a pretty decent amp for the price too. For around $600, you might be able to find a used Peavey XXX Super 40 that would be better (it's a small combo, but it's all tube, and it's a beast. It sounds great for metal).
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join
a peavey valveking i think u could get the 100 watt one for that price all tube
so this isnt a ****ty amp?
My Rig:

Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Es-335 Deluxe
Line 6 Flextone 3 XL
Norman B-50
1980 Fender Acoustic

but does anyone actually have any experience with this amp
My Rig:

Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Es-335 Deluxe
Line 6 Flextone 3 XL
Norman B-50
1980 Fender Acoustic

Quote by MAXWELLMURDER
So i walked to the Rock Shop today. And I played a Randall RG100G3. Its all SS and its pretty expensive. I played it threw the the exact tele I have. And I play metal type stuff. I was pretty pleased about the sound. But after tax on 575, I was just wondering are there any tube amps I could get for that price

Where do you live and how much was it?
roar
i've got an RG200, i'm overly happy with it the vintage distortion on it lacks volume but the modern gain is good. Pretty solid and has alot of crunch to it. Its really bassy on low volume as i imagine the 100 would be. You can get like alot of different types on rock and metal out of it. It kicks the marshall AVT's arse at school, and my friends buzzing MG.
ESP CUSTOM SHOP HORIZON
FENDER USA STRAT
JACKSON DK2M
Peavey 5150ii w/ Marshall 1960DM cab
Quote by Slayer224
Where do you live and how much was it?

I live in Edmonton, and it was like 575 plus tax I think
My Rig:

Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Es-335 Deluxe
Line 6 Flextone 3 XL
Norman B-50
1980 Fender Acoustic

yea dude, you wont get any tube amps in canada for that much, maybe the peavey valveking 112 or some 5 watt tube amp lke the valve jr.
Quote by King ofKumbucha
What is plexi? Do you mean a guitar made out of plexiglass?
Quote by giorgio1210
yea dude, you wont get any tube amps in canada for that much, maybe the peavey valveking 112 or some 5 watt tube amp lke the valve jr.

the valuve king isnt worth it

if you want the randall i say get it, but for 600 you could get a better randall, like a V-Max, Cyclone, and theres a Rg50 tbc or something. its just a simple tube amp, 2 cahnnels, had some pretty good metal tones out of it.

edit: i just noticed your in canada, i dont know how much the price changes there.
R.I.P. Dime
"Forever Shred On"
I used to only use my Randall pretty much as a power-amp for my GNX3000, until I discovered the contour knob. Now I love the amp, probably one of the best SS amps I've been around.
Quote by chums
the valuve king isnt worth it

if you want the randall i say get it, but for 600 you could get a better randall, like a V-Max, Cyclone, and theres a Rg50 tbc or something. its just a simple tube amp, 2 cahnnels, had some pretty good metal tones out of it.

edit: i just noticed your in canada, i dont know how much the price changes there.

in canada your list price is about our price
Quote by King ofKumbucha
yeah pretty much. I think im ganna go with the RG11G3, becuase from what ive heard Randall makes the best SS amps out there, and these is one of them
My Rig:

Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Es-335 Deluxe
Line 6 Flextone 3 XL
Norman B-50
1980 Fender Acoustic

nice
Quote by King ofKumbucha
Yo, I've got this amp. I posted a review on this site http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/guitar_amplifiers/randall/rg100g3/index.html

I'm totally happy with this amp and I like it more and more the more I play it. I think it's a great price for what you get.
haha, yeah i should of looked for any reviews
My Rig:

Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Es-335 Deluxe
Line 6 Flextone 3 XL
Norman B-50
1980 Fender Acoustic

The RG100G3 Plus is not all SS silly.. its a hybrid amp. Theres a single tube that acts as the preamp circuit and your master volume is Solid State. Im buying this amp tommorow.
Equipment
Ibanez RGT42FX
Takamine G406S
Randall RG100G3
Digitech Metal Master