Hi guys,

I'm looking for a cheap guitar.. as my car needs a new gas tank. *Grumble, moan*

I stumbled across www.rondomusic.net and found that their guitars are pretty nice looking, made from great wood, and they have nice Les Paul copies!

Would it be wise to get an SX Les Paul Goldtop or save up and get myself an Agile LP copy?

I really love the Goldtop copy.
My gear:

MIJ Squier Stratocaster

Washburn WR150 Quilted Top

Oscar Schmidt Semi-hollow Delta King

Epiphone Hummingbird

Amps: Fender Eighty-Five
bump.. help please!
My gear:

MIJ Squier Stratocaster

Epiphone Hummingbird

I haven't played one but I can tell you from looking at threads like yours. The majority will tell you to get Agile. And not to get anything below a AL-2500 as the parts get much better from there up.
My gear

Gibson Les Paul Standard Double Cut
Fender MIM Strat w/ Texas Specials
Marshall JCM 2000 - DSL 401
Fender FM25 DSP
Dunlop Original Cry-Baby
Boss DS-1

Cheap Fender Acoustic
I'm really loving the Goldtop..

I've read some reviews that the Wilkinson pickups that they put in the higher-end Agiles sound like Seymour Duncan '59s. WOW.

Definitely going to get an Agile after all. Oh.. and it's the AL-2000s that they start to put the good pickups in.. not the 2500s.
My gear:

MIJ Squier Stratocaster

Epiphone Hummingbird

Last edited by washburndean at Jul 27, 2006,
^Yes, but the AL-2500's have better everything else.

My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
I pm'd crunchmeister about his Agile 3000 not too long ago. Asked him a few questions, as he also owns a Gibson. He says he reaches for the Agile the majority of the time to play.

And, what's an Epiphone SG Custom? I've never heard of them. O.o
Quote by rocknrollgod
well i can tall you this much do NOT get a marshall MG. becasue you will blow the speaker with duncans in the guitar. i know for experience.

Quote by Gutch220
Leave it to UGer's to argue over who "owns" a language

^ SGRocker.. it's the G-410 I believe.. It's the model with the three humbucking pickups.

A VERY NICE guitar if I must say so myself.

Thanks for the help.. and it's good to know that Agile is preferred over a Gibby! Wow.
My gear:

MIJ Squier Stratocaster

Epiphone Hummingbird

I would definately go for the Agile. It's lots of guitar for now a lot of money. The SX might be ok for the money, but you're getting a much better guitar with Agile, particularly in the 2800+ series. At the very lowest, a 2500 is the lowest you should go, and if you can afford it, a 3000 or better is by far the best.

Indeed, my Agile is my go-to guitar. Despite the other guitars you can see in my sig, the Agile is the one I reach for most often. To me, it feels and played best. I love the tone of my Gibson (I got one of the 'good' ones) and I play it too. It just has a bite that the Agile doesn't. But overall, I tend to prefer playing my Agile over my other guitars. It really is a great guitar and would be at even double the price.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
I say Agile. It's a better made guitar.
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join