im lookin to get a new pedal for a heavy metal distortion. i heard metal masters were good but i was also looking at the digitech death medal pedal. if any1 has either of these, can u give me sum input as to which wuld be a better choice. also, how much they cost.

thanks
------------------------------

ESP LTD F-250
Digitech Metal Master
Peavey Bandit 112

there both really good pedals and the price is great but i bought the death metal i just think it sounds better
alrite thanks, how much did it cost u?

ESP LTD F-250
Digitech Metal Master
Peavey Bandit 112

The meatl amster is about $80 and the death metal about $50 quite a big difference, but you only pay for what you get, the meatl master is deffintly worth paying extra.
Quote by Tom Martin

Jeez... if your house was on fire, what would you do? Phone the fire department, or go on UG and ask us what to do?
Get a BOSS Metalzone, those Death metal pedals crap out on you quickly, ive had a bunch of friends say they blow out in a few months.
"I look upon you all
and laugh insidiously
rodents, insects your all beneath my feet
from the bubbling depths you putrid shit crawl"
-Abatu-
Quote by Nyogtha
Get a BOSS Metalzone, those Death metal pedals crap out on you quickly, ive had a bunch of friends say they blow out in a few months.

I wouldnt take any...especially the MT-2...its a horible sounding pedal...but same with 99.99% of all pedals that say "metal" on them.
3rded^^ distortion pedal pretty much all suck....ive only liked the MD-2
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
I have a Death Metal. I think new is 50.

Its a good pedal, people complain about it having no gain, but you could use your guitar volume to adjust it.

I've had mine for a while now, the only complaint is that its a battery sucker.. keep some spares.
i got an ac adaptor , it works for my pedal i got now, my only worries is if the Metal Master Of Death Metal Dont have ac inputs lol. i really took an interest in the metal master

ESP LTD F-250
Digitech Metal Master
Peavey Bandit 112

btw thanks all for your posts. its always good to get sum inside info be4 buying, espcially when dealers will say nething to make 80 bucks off ya. thanks agen

ESP LTD F-250
Digitech Metal Master
Peavey Bandit 112

the metal master is a pretty good pedal it got i a few days my self
And it has a AC input and i prefer useing it :p it eats batterys
anyway de MM give a nice sound
GEAR:
AMP: Peavey Special 130 Solo series(130W)
Guitar: Jackson JS30
Pedals: Digitech Metal Master
Picks: Dunlop lucky 13 Picks 0.73
Strings: Ernieball Power Slinky (11-48)
if you can, try out a Line 6 Über Metal (I just bought one second hand from a friend).
it has a built-in noise gate (I assure you, no feedback whatsoever if you put the gate on 2)
pinch harmonics just flow out without any problems!

of course, a cranked high gain tube amp will always beat any distortion or overdrive pedal out there...
i have the metal master. i like the way it sounds but it sounds real digital. i only use it for like BFMV or COB though cuz i have a marshall and the gain on there does the job for metallica or slayer especially when u throw a EQ pedal in front of it.
Check Out:Stack Of Noises
My SoundClick

Mesa/Boogie Single Rectifier Rectoverb
American Fender Limited Edition
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Jackson Professional Rhoads EX EMGs
Pod XT Live
Marshall AVT20
1984 Peavey Pacer
Boss NS-2
I've owned both. I'm not a huge fan of either, but the Death Metal is definitely more versatile. Don't be fooled by the Metal Masters little morph knob, it's nothing more than a mid control. The Metal Master is one of the only pedals I've come across where I've heard someone else play it and been able to say "Well that's a digital pedal"

That said...go for the Line 6 Uber Metal.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Last edited by Archeo Avis at Aug 15, 2006,
well, the death metal sucks ass, but the metal master is worth it! the boss metal sounds really muddy.
Epiphone Custom 1966 SG w/EMG 85(B)
Epiphone Les Paul
Peavey Valveking
Boss SD-1 Overdrive; NS-2
Fender Tuner
Metal master. I got a Death Metal awhile ago. I'm gonna sell it to get a Metal master though. The lows are terrible...
GEAR:
Washburn x10 "Washy"
Ibanez S470DXQM "Kimberly"
BC Rich NJ strat "Sydney"
Roland Cube 60
Vox V847
Boss OD1
Boss CE2
Digitech Death Metal
Russian Big Muff PI
DOD Deth Metal
Ibanez SM9
I am torn between the Metal Master and Uber Metal. I play a lot of SOAD. I am not sure which one to get.