Are these pickups good? I'm currently bidding on a set in eBay, in hopes to put them in my PRS Santana SE. These are most commonly used in the stock Explorers, but that's all I really know about them.
Call me Steve. All the cool kids are doin it.
Quote by crazynickman

Step One: Wake up in the LATE AFTERNOON
Step Two: Roll around in garbage and lyrical genius
Instant Bob Dylan.
They are very dark and muddy, have a ceramic magnet, and are good for metal.
horrible (the gibbos, not the swineys)
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Not the best pickups IMO. Although if you're going for a metal sound, they'd sound a lot better than the stock crap pickups in the PRS SE.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
^ aye. I suppose it all depends how cheap you can get them.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I have one in my Gibson SG Voodoo, and it sounds pretty good. They are quite muddy though.
they're ****. muddy muddy mud mud.

decent lead tone though.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
Have to eq yourself to death!

Oh for the days when you could get great Gibson pups in the vintage Les Pauls!
thanks. i suppose if i can get them cheap enough i'll do it, since it can only be an improvement.
Call me Steve. All the cool kids are doin it.
Quote by crazynickman

Step One: Wake up in the LATE AFTERNOON
Step Two: Roll around in garbage and lyrical genius
Instant Bob Dylan.
Swineshead are phenomenal pickups but about twice as much as what the gibson 500t will be on ebay.

I say keep looping for pickups... check dimarzios, seymours, or gibson dirty fingers

OR keep saving for some handmade swineshead, or bare knuckle pickups.

Good Luck
My Favorite Rig Of The Moment

Fender American Strat -> Barber Tone Press -> Xotic AC Booster -> Keeley TS9 -> Hughes & Kettner TubeFactor -> Fender Blues Junior
^ wow, where'd you get to try swineys?

but yeah, it really depends, and that's what we have to be really careful of. Here in the UK, you'd be hard-pushed to get cheaper pickups than swineys (decent ones, anyway), whereas in the USA, they're actually quite dear!

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ aye, sorry, when I say the UK, i pretty much mean europe gabe, lol.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?