What are the difference between RG, S, SA, JEM, JS, and Iceman? I'd like to know which ones, more specifially which models are the best. My local music store is getting some in, so I might try them out, since I dont know if i'll be able to get the $800 for the RG1570 plus another $150 for pups.
the JEM is the steve vai sig model. thats all i know about ibanez
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
what do you mean differences? the pickups?
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
the Prestige RG and Prestige S have the thinnest Prestige Wizard necks, the Jems have fatter D shaped necks, the Satch has a thicker rounded C shape neck, the cheaper Korean RGs like the 350 have a fatter Wizard 2 neck, The SZ is a thicker set neck like a schecter or LTD, the SA had a rounder stratty feeling neck, the old RG 550, 570, 770s have perhaps the thinnest original Wizard necks.
I'm looking to know which ones to avoid, and which ones are good. The local guitar shop is getting some in, I doubt anything over $1,000. Something good for Metal and Hard Rock, but can handle Classic Rock.
Just look on the website and stop being lazy.
#12 of the "Ibanez SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4life SZ! to join!
I have an RG1570 and couldn't be happier
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
generally stay away from low end rg's since their trem aint known to be the best out of the bunch