I was changing strings on my Fernandes Retrorocket, I had just put all of the strings on (13s). I was tuning it to the typical standard tuning using a chromatic tuner and the 4th string wanted to be a pain and I tried to tune that string to its standard D and the bridge popped up. Any ideas on how this can be fixed? If I can't do it myself, should I take it to a repair guy or get a different one considering the long warranty it has on it.
hmm...those strings are awfully thick for standard tuning, maybe try tuning them again a step down or so?
Nicks and dents are battle scars...they give a guitar history.

Quote by Homer Simpson
When you think about it, mud is just wet dirt.
Quote by Johnny_pringles
I was changing strings on my Fernandes Retrorocket, I had just put all of the strings on (13s). I was tuning it to the typical standard tuning using a chromatic tuner and the 4th string wanted to be a pain and I tried to tune that string to its standard D and the bridge popped up. Any ideas on how this can be fixed? If I can't do it myself, should I take it to a repair guy or get a different one considering the long warranty it has on it.

Why are you using .013s if you're tuning to standard? anyway, It looks like Retrocket bridges are much the same as strats, If you don't feel comfortable trying to place it back where it goes, then your best option would be to take it in to a shop. Also, I suggest you never try to use .013s again either, cause it'll will most likely mess up your neck to from all that extra tension that it's not used to.
It could be the spring inside the body that you can access through the the back of the guitar. try taking off the plastic plate on the back and see if one of the springs popped off. Or you may need to tighted the springs or add more.
PRS SAS or Gibson LP Standard+
Teese WOF->Analogman Sunlion->Dr. Scientist Elements->Foxrox Aquavibe->Strymon Timeline->Eventide Space
Mesa RoadKing II and 2 Vox AC15s run in stereo

a picture of what he said. example of two screws and 5 springs.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
First of all, I congratulate you for using thick strings.
Secondly, trying to tune .013s to standard tuning is just crazy, they are meant for drop c or a step down from standard.
Go hardcore people, go .015s!
Quote by jj1565

a picture of what he said. example of two screws and 5 springs.

She's right man. That'll probably fix the prob. If it's a trem, add more springs... If it's a Floyd, ask me.
Quote by ColdNovembeRain
I have carpal tunnel, caused by profuse masturbation.
gawd, that's gonna get sigged...

Jesus for president, king, emperor, vice president, chairman, prime minister...ect. PM Cashewchaching to join the campaign. or just sig it.
Quote by Invictious
First of all, I congratulate you for using thick strings.
Secondly, trying to tune .013s to standard tuning is just crazy, they are meant for drop c or a step down from standard.
Go hardcore people, go .015s!

B.B. King can use .13's in standard. Doofus.
Quote by ColdNovembeRain
I have carpal tunnel, caused by profuse masturbation.
gawd, that's gonna get sigged...

Jesus for president, king, emperor, vice president, chairman, prime minister...ect. PM Cashewchaching to join the campaign. or just sig it.
Quote by RelientKaddict
B.B. King can use .13's in standard. Doofus.

I said it was crazy, not impossible, genius.

Show me with your guitar and .013s then, show me how a big ugly noob did it, go on? Stupid idiot.
Quote by Invictious
I said it was crazy, not impossible, genius.

Show me with your guitar and .013s then, show me how a big ugly noob did it, go on? Stupid idiot.

Not to bust your bubble, but he probably just like...compensated the neck bow by adjusting the trussrod? Actually not that hard, plus you get an amazingly fuller sound in return... just an idea.
Quote by Y00p
Not to bust your bubble, but he probably just like...compensated the neck bow by adjusting the trussrod? Actually not that hard, plus you get an amazingly fuller sound in return... just an idea.

O RLY?

No ****.

And if you actually read the posts, I use .015s, because you pussies out there can't stand anything more than .010.
Well then what exactly is your question? You asked him how a 'big ugly noob' would do that, so I told you. And you're going pissed on my ass.

Oh and for your information? It's not really cool to call people pussies if you, a) don't know them, b) don't know anything about what they play. I've actually used .14's for a while and I just could not get used to that. Does that make me a pussy? Down to .12's now, just my sound, just the way I like it to feel.

And to lower myself to your level; Get back to them .15's and go play some Fall Out Boy or something, maybe some Atreyu if you think you're really hardcore and all.

Sucks when people make assumptions, don't it?
It's . 015 you stupid idiot, and .012 and .014 genius, .014s are thicker than most bass strings if you actually realized. And .15s are for like..6 string basses.

You go back to your primary school and go learn about measurements again, the string gauges have been mentioned over 20 times and you still manage to type it wrong, thrice. Shows your intelligence about strings eh.

By pussy, I mean how people don't like the feel of heavy strings, as in fear of pain and building callouses, if you enjoy speculating.

Yea, you brain is your ass, i am getting pissed at your ass, because your ass is your brain, I am shocked at your intelligence.

Even the guitarist from Fall out boy can compose and play better than you do.
Atreyu DOES have some good licks and riffs, just because you think it's cool do follow what other people say when you probably don't even know that Atreyu 5 people in their band without looking it up.
Thanks a lot, guys. I'll be going over my friend's house later, so I'll do it there if I have anymore questions about it since he's been playing guitar for quite awhile.
Quote by Invictious
It's . 015 you stupid idiot, and .012 and .014 genius, .014s are thicker than most bass strings if you actually realized. And .15s are for like..6 string basses.

You go back to your primary school and go learn about measurements again, the string gauges have been mentioned over 20 times and you still manage to type it wrong, thrice. Shows your intelligence about strings eh.

By pussy, I mean how people don't like the feel of heavy strings, as in fear of pain and building callouses, if you enjoy speculating.

Yea, you brain is your ass, i am getting pissed at your ass, because your ass is your brain, I am shocked at your intelligence.

Even the guitarist from Fall out boy can compose and play better than you do.
Atreyu DOES have some good licks and riffs, just because you think it's cool do follow what other people say when you probably don't even know that Atreyu 5 people in their band without looking it up.

lol first of all it shows that you're a teenager. i mean cummon anybody playings strings less than 0.013/0.015's is a pussy? you're calling a huge ammount of people pussies. and me personally, i think a guitar should sound like a guitar and a bass should sound like a bass, just because a baritone guitar sounds hardcore doesn't mean it's particularly versatile and good quality. it's harder to solo with 0.015's too (probably something you don't do much of, which is cool cause me personally i tune my guitar down if i was focussing on rythm).

I think heavier strings are overrated. Strings were quite heavy guage at the beginning and people had to componsate by slightly down tuning in order to actualyl be able to use their guitars in a more flexible and exciting way. keep in mind that by using thicker strings you are sacrificing speed, efficiency, bending, and tuning so that you can get that round fuller tone. Plus you should probably raise your action with thicker strings which can also get uncomfortable for soloing.
What I meant was that people who are afraid of building callouses and pain and are afraid to get through that stage, if you can actually read what I typed.

Once you build finger strength and get through that stage, it feels more natural to solo with them than .009s

Using thicker strings does not mean sacrificing speed, efficiency, bending and tuner, it should make hardly any difference if you have the technique and the finger strength.

Higher action builds finger strength and character, and you can strum and pick harder if you are hardcore, my action is 1.5cm off the 12th fret, which is really ridiculous (I had the neck and everything checked) but it works for me and floats my boat really well. Besides, I hardly notice any difference when the action is very low, or when the string is 1.5cm off the 12th fret, I can just tap as well, play legato as well as anyone else can.

If you hadn't noticed, I play the piano and cello before, the cello strings thicker and much harder to press down and produce a good tone without it sounding like ****.
even still, it's pretty lame to generalize, and call names.
i for one, know i just lost respect for u after reading this thread and that's a shame because i remember being impressed with some of ur other posts.

i think that, it's most important to play with the gauge that feels most comfortable, remembering that from time to time, change is a good thing.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011