back from bannination. Well, are you supposed to use the distortion on a Mesa Boogie Dual Rect or are u supposed to use a tubescreamer in front of it?
i mean, more in terms of sound quality.

[edit]

thanx for your optimism~!!!!1 -_-
Last edited by Supern00b at Jul 27, 2006,
definetly the distortion on the boogie itself, when you have a dual rec, the tubescreamers only good for boosting your tone for a solo, but the 3 channel rectifiers have that option built in now...
you bought a dual rectifier and are thinking of not even using the distortion on it... you should be shot and pissed on

and you don't need a stompbox for a solo boost, it has that feature, or at least mine does
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
Quote by cerveza
you bought a dual rectifier and are thinking of not even using the distortion on it... you should be shot and pissed on

and you don't need a stompbox for a solo boost, it has that feature, or at least mine does

To Spanish Beer:

I don't have a dual rect -_-.
then why did you ask the question
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
well it has enough gain for most rock by itself, but you may prefer the color that an overdrive or tube screamer could provide.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
if you do it right you can get a cool compressed distortion out of it wich alot of metal bands use. Sounds great in the mix with bass etc.
It is going to sound very compressed... It might also be too noisy for you. But give it a shot and see if you can do something with it.

Personally I would only use the Tubescreamer on the clean channel to play some blues or to get some nice light grit in my sound. I would let my recto worry about rockin out. That is what I would do.

If you want a pedal that can give you a crazy boost for your solos (other than your mesa solo option in your amp) - I mean a solo boost that will cut through the thickest distortion you've ever heard then check out this pedal.

http://zvexeffects.com/machine.html

Check out the demo.

Crazy stuff. Well Good Luck.
My Favorite Rig Of The Moment

Fender American Strat -> Barber Tone Press -> Xotic AC Booster -> Keeley TS9 -> Hughes & Kettner TubeFactor -> Fender Blues Junior
Quote by Supern00b
back from bannination. Well, are you supposed to use the distortion on a Mesa Boogie Dual Rect or are u supposed to use a tubescreamer in front of it?

well, you sure lived up to your name! Just playing. It'll sound good just with the amp's distortion.
Quote by sethp
listen to RideTheAnger, he is wise beyond his years.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
you can use either. if you use a tubescreamer, you're just boosting the distortion that's already there anyway, and it might tighten up the recto...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
you can use either. if you use a tubescreamer, you're just boosting the distortion that's already there anyway, and it might tighten up the recto...

tighten? compress?
honestly, idk how a compressed sound sounds like. so shoot me.
^ tighten i think, not really compress (though it may do that too).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by GuitarMD
It is going to sound very compressed... It might also be too noisy for you. But give it a shot and see if you can do something with it.

Personally I would only use the Tubescreamer on the clean channel to play some blues or to get some nice light grit in my sound. I would let my recto worry about rockin out. That is what I would do.

If you want a pedal that can give you a crazy boost for your solos (other than your mesa solo option in your amp) - I mean a solo boost that will cut through the thickest distortion you've ever heard then check out this pedal.

http://zvexeffects.com/machine.html

Check out the demo.

Crazy stuff. Well Good Luck.

that pedal sounds like it goes through like crazy volume swells.