i have a pair of dimarzio/ibanez pickups V7 and V8 but dont know how to wire them for a 1 volume 3 way switch

as you can see on the pic, the pickups only have 3 wires gray, red and white.

please help me to install the pickups
ibanez rg370dx (Crunchlab/Area 58/Liquifire)
ibanez rgr320ex (EMG 81/85)
ibanez grx20 (Super 3/PAF PRO)
ibanez gsr205 bass
randall rh150 head
avatar 2x12 contemporary cab (GK-100's)
boss GT8
ibanez weeping demon wah
line 6 ux1
Solder the red and white together and treat it like one wire! That extra wire is there so you can coil tap it! I have done my research these are indeed passive pickups! Not to shabby for stock Ibanez pickups actually!

I may be wrong though. Though I am 85% sure that I am right. But I don't know presicely about the wiring of your pickup. If I am wrong, ground the white wire aswell as the grey wire. And if that is still wrong, I'll reply a wee bit differently!

Also, don't forget to ground the back of your volume knob! D: this is to "catch" stray radio frequencys from interfearing;it reduces that anoyying hum ya get. (Doesn't get rid of it completly, but helps! ) And if you can, ground your switch aswell. Don't worry about you jack for any metal on it is already grounded.

Also, ground your bridge! Cleans up hum ALOT! Dependongon yoru setup, there should be a few holes designed for getting to your bridge to ground it!
Last edited by Fast_Bear at Jul 28, 2006,
Taking both wires to the switch will result in them being constantly split, it will short out the north coil. Also, taking the red to the switch and the white to ground will short out the south coil.
The red should go to the switch, and the white should just be taped off.
These go to eleven...
Last edited by JimPlaysGuitar at Jul 28, 2006,
hello again, i soldered the things and works good, but i hear lots of hum using high gain something like radio interference even in the clean channel of my amp, but this only happens when i'm not touching any metallic parts (bridge, strings or tuners).

how do i shout the hum??

i think the pickup switch selector is old and bought a new one like this

http://www.music123.com/Allparts-3-way-switch-i79554.music

but know i dont know how to wire them :S

please help!
ibanez rg370dx (Crunchlab/Area 58/Liquifire)
ibanez rgr320ex (EMG 81/85)
ibanez grx20 (Super 3/PAF PRO)
ibanez gsr205 bass
randall rh150 head
avatar 2x12 contemporary cab (GK-100's)
boss GT8
ibanez weeping demon wah
line 6 ux1
You have a grounding problem...the problem is i dont know as much about electronics as the more experienced members here, so this is where i step out and they come flying in to save the day.
Quote by Raven
i would much rather go to the ****ing hospital and have them surgically reattach my penis instead of slap some silly puddy on there and call 'er "mangled johnny"
Did you ground your bridge?, this grounds the strings and uses your body to shield against hum.
These go to eleven...