I've got a problem when I bend the string, if I bend up or down, more often than not, when I release the bend, really fast, or even remotly fast, one of the strings above it (or below, depending on the string I bend) rings with the released note, and throws off the sound, is it just something I'm doing wrong? Or is it that I have a crappy guitar? Can you help me out?
You know you're a guitarest when you'd rather lose a foot than a finger.
Yeah, I get that too. Might be the way our guitars action is set up. not sure though. anyone who can clear things up for us?
Not totally on topic but a question I've had for a while, are you supposed to bend up or down? which is better? Is it a personal preference?
Quote by spazzymagee417
i would pay more for a midget corpse than an average size corpse
all guitars are bound to do that if you arent muting the strings. its just a normal effect all u hav 2 do is mute them
Agile AL-3000 Cherry Sunburst
Fender American Strat HSS
1981 Yamaha FG-335II
Crate V1512 (USA made)
Fender Frontman 15R
Dunlop Crybaby Slash Wah
MXR EVH Phase 90
Ibanez TS9 w/ Keeley Baked Mod
Boss SD-1
Boss DD-3
Umm, what kind of a guitar is it. If its acoustic it's Normal if it's electric, either its a crappy guitar or the action is weird
Quote by Tedrick
Not totally on topic but a question I've had for a while, are you supposed to bend up or down? which is better? Is it a personal preference?

Well, both personal preference and common sense. if youre bending the low e and a string, you usually bend towards the floor, as youll just fly off the fret board. opposite with the high e and b string. bend towards the ceiling or the same thing will happen.
Quote by Bpags868
all guitars are bound to do that if you arent muting the strings. its just a normal effect all u hav 2 do is mute them

How do you mute them without killing the other strings, and if your doing a fast solo do you just do the same thing? And the crappy guitar would explain it. It's electric by the way. And I think the action is okay, all the strings are like the exact height off the fretboard.
You know you're a guitarest when you'd rather lose a foot than a finger.