i didnt get any responses in the electric guitar forum, so ill ask here:

"ok well...when i practice with my band, i use an ibanez toneblaster halfstack...[we're a deathmetal band]...now..when ive got the distortion up with the boost on...its got a really massive crunch...and i love it...now at home, i have a digitech gnx2 through the effects send input of a rogue combo...what i want to know is how can i get that crunch with my pedal? i've tried various things, but i still cant seem to get it...like..what exactly does the boost do for the toneblaster to give it such a crunch? thanks in advance"
Nicks and dents are battle scars...they give a guitar history.

Quote by Homer Simpson
When you think about it, mud is just wet dirt.
well...tone isnt necessarily a problem, its the crunch that i want...the toneblaster is REALLY crunchy...i just wanna know how id get the same [or simliar] amount of crunch with the digitech

Quote by Homer Simpson
Rogue=garbage...thats your problem, probably not your only problem but thats a start
Quote by Stiffy Maximus
i smoke some weed and get naked. thats the way to write a good song.
well...im going through the Effects Send input...so it turns the eq of the rogue off...i said that in the post, pay attention...all i ask is some help...havent gotten any yet...and its only a practice setup...so im not really looking for that "ultimate tone"...just the crunch

Quote by Homer Simpson
Last edited by flesh fries at Jul 27, 2006,
I understand you want help, but the chances of nailing that crunch tone with a digitech and a worse amp are slim to none. And i know you say "tone" isnt your problem, but that crunch sound is just part of the tone.

Sorry i couldn't be more helpful, i dont have much experience with the digitech multi effects processors.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Try turning the treble up a bit. It makes is a little "crunchier" if I understand correctly what you are saying.
well...what i was originally going to do was use the amp modeling.. [a mesa boogie rectifier] and set the gain on that a little lower...and possibly use a distortion pedal [also modeled in the digitech] to add a low end crunch...my problem is...i dont know where to start when it comes to settings

Quote by Homer Simpson
is a toneblaster good?

Ive never played one (seemed like it would be ****ty).
I might look into trying one before I plop down some serious plasma on a "new" amp.
Quote by sethp
listen to RideTheAnger, he is wise beyond his years.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
id reccomend it for a really slamming crunch...i prefer it over the other marshall stack thats at my practice space [my own personal opinion...dont hate me for it]

Quote by Homer Simpson
Quote by flesh fries
id reccomend it for a really slamming crunch...i prefer it over the other marshall stack thats at my practice space [my own personal opinion...dont hate me for it]

What other Marshall stack though? If it is an MG then ya it is most likely better. If its a JCM then your tone deaf.
its a Marshall AVT150HX...i mean yea, its a nice amp, but it just doesnt suit the sound im looking for like the ibanez does

Quote by Homer Simpson