Okay seriously wtf is up with ESP Signature guitars?

Firstly okay they have the usual 1000-1500 range model which some are good some aren't. Then they have the expensive ass 4000-5000 dollar version.

But i was looking at the Michael Amott sig

http://www.espguitars.com/guitars_amott.html (for those that don't know)

And..okay... for the low price of $2,600 more you can get.... straplocks, and a bone nut.

I mean seriously that's all that's different???

Or is there something here that doesn't meet my eye?
i want you to direct your attenion the letters ESP, its about that name man.
just get LTD plays almost the same just less money
Member #8 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join
price means nothing when it comes to guitars.

sig guitars are just plain overpriced, id never buy one. besides that signiture guitars (in my opinion) are for people that dont have thier own style, instead of trying to be like you're roll modle, become someone elses.
Yea, ESPs are expensive. But don't you think PRS is expensive? How about a lot of Gibsons? ESPs are handcrafted in Japan , so there is an excuse for why it is expensive. But no, they aren't the most overpriced ever.
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

Quote by I__guitarist__I

sig guitars are just plain overpriced, id never buy one. besides that signiture guitars (in my opinion) are for people that dont have thier own style, instead of trying to be like you're roll modle, become someone elses.

What about the Les Paul? Isn't that a signature guitar????
ESP's have so much craftsmanship in them. LTD's are the machine made ones for quantity. Just wait for azn_guitarist25, he knows all about ESP's.
Quote by I__guitarist__I

Have you seen the ESP custom series? They are worth as much or more than the signature guitars. http://www.espguitars.com/guitars_custom.html
Quote by DoTheEvolution
It's worse pissing when you come in from the really cold weather and your penis has shrunken to the size of a coffee stir straw and the piss feels like the blast from a super soaker.
IT's all in the craft. You people obviously need to understand that it's not only hardware that makes the price, or the guitar.
lol i must say LTD sigs are expensive then comes in the ESP Standard Sigs and if you think that was expensive wait til you see the ESP Custom Shop models those will ****ing break your balls and then will take your money of course though there are many differences between ESP sigs and LTD Sigs of course you won't notice it since the pictures on the internet dont look that great but when you actually play them its like having 50 orgasm's at once (of course if you really did have 50 orgasm's at once then your most likely dead). and those are the MSRP so they really dont mean **** and how much your most likely going to pay will be less. though may i draw your attention to the fact that some of the woods arent very easy to get like for example on the dave mustaine custom shop sig models they maple top aint to easy to get and so far ESP have only done what like 8 or 9 out of the proposed 12 that they said they were gonna do. Of course this wouldnt apply to much to normal ESP Sigs. and to metalmaster362 go shove it up your ass since no two guitars can ever play alike and for two guitars to come from TWO DIFFERENT FACTORIES to play alike is like finding a trillion dollar bill in your computer case. and to 40five wow thats pretty sad i mean then it would apply to Gibson, PRS, Gibson, Fender and any other company that charges 4 figures for some sig models
Doesn't matter what brand you're talking about. You pay a large premium (in terms of percentage compared to what the equivalent non-sig model costs) for the name of the artist. Seriously, the shìtty LTD KH-202 is little more than an LTD M-50 with a slight upgrade. But the extra price goes directly to Kirk Hammett for using his name. The Epi ZW LP Custom has about $150 from each guitar going to Zakk. When you're talking about the top-of-the-line models like ESP and Gibson, then that goes up even more.

So yeah, sig guitars are overpriced, but it has nothing to do with ESP / LTD. It's the sae regardless of the brand.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor