Hey whats anyones opinion on Ibanez guitars? I might be getting one. the guy selling it said it was a good guitar but hell if hes selling it anythings good if he can make money off it...
what kind of guitar is it?
My Gear-

Guitars
- Schecter Gryphon
- Ibanez GRX40

Amp/Effects

- Crate FXT65 With DSP
- Dunlop Cry Baby Classic

My Choice
- DR 9's
- Dunlop 2mm
Let me tell you about the motives of the salesman. Musical instruments is no place for hit and run marketing. Generally speaking, shop keepers don't want to sell just one guitar; they want music to be your passion, so you'll keep coming back over and over again for the rest of your live to bring the larger part of your savings to them. They know music can turn people into incurable addicts, always craving for more equipment. Advising you an Ibanez makes very good buisiness sense. They're good enough to encourage you to keep on playing and developing as a musician, but not that good that you wouldn't eventually come back for an upgrade.
It all depends on the model of the Ibanez and the price he's asking. We can't really say until we know that info

Quote by Marcel Veltman
Generally speaking, shop keepers don't want to sell just one guitar; they want music to be your passion, so you'll keep coming back over and over again

This is true in many small shops, where it's in their best interest to keep customers coming back. That's not so in the large chains like Guitar Center, etc. There, the COMMISSIONED sales people will tell you (and try to make you blieve) the moon is made of cheese if they think it will get you to buy something and make them more money. According to Guitar Center sales guys, the Marshall MG and Line 6 Spider are some of the best amps ever made...
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor