I just picked up my brand new Dual Rec, and I was wondering if anyone could give me some examples of their EQ settings, or settings that math a particular bands tone. I'm simply asking out of plain curiosity to see how others utalize this amp. The EQ system is a bit more complicated than some of the other amps I've played, but this thing is a beast and I can't wait to spin some knobs and find my tone. I was reading the manual and it says that when the EQ's are in certian postions they act like a sweet spot, and the rest of the tone controls are balanced accordingly, If you have any advice or can elaborate on this please do.
CLICK HERE to see my rig
Mesa Dual Rectifier
4x12 Recto Standard
H&K 1x12 Switchblade
Flextone 3 XL
PRS Custom 22 Ten Top
ESP EC-1000
Shecter Gryphon w/ Emg 85/81
Ibanez AEF37
EHX small clone/ holy grail
BBE Sonic maximizer
Boss DD6
^ try the sample settings from the manual...they sound actually pretty good and sound pretty much like all the big bands that use it. Then try going from there.
x2. The Manual references are great starting points. Try them all just to get an idea, and remember that treble makes the biggest difference.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Dirk Gently
x2. The Manual references are great starting points. Try them all just to get an idea, and remember that treble makes the biggest difference.

Treble and Gain equaly. Once you change the gain the whole board changes with it. For a brighter more balanced tone keep the Gain in the 11-2 o'clock range. Everything above that is a lot warmer and highly saturated.

ALSO make SURE you mess around with the presence knob. Its set apart from the active EQ and acts on its own and plays a HUGE roll in finding the tone you want.
well my favorite EQ has to be the one i stole from Mark Tremonti himself, bass-10 mid-4 high-6 gain-6 presence-3.5 i use this on my amp and its killer, and ive used it on a mesa triple rectifier before and it was awazing.
Quote by lp_dude_2
well my favorite EQ has to be the one i stole from Mark Tremonti himself, bass-10 mid-4 high-6 gain-6 presence-3.5 i use this on my amp and its killer, and ive used it on a mesa triple rectifier before and it was awazing.

Bass at 10??!?!!?! ARE YOU NUTS?!?!?! I have the bass at about 5-6 and its still a lot..
Quote by kurdtkobaign
Bass at 10??!?!!?! ARE YOU NUTS?!?!?! I have the bass at about 5-6 and its still a lot..

yep, bass at ten. tremonti does it, and so do i.
Quote by kurdtkobaign
^ if Tremonti played a Squire Bullet through an MG would you play it?

im not saying i do it because he does it, im just justying my answer with the fact that a well know artist, that uses a dual recto, and has killer tone, does it. my personal EQ had always been bass-10 mid-5 high-8 since i started playing four years ago. i just mentioned how we both use 10 bass level. its stupid to follow and artist's trends, youll never achive your own tone then
^ ok then. But bass at 10...jeez. With a Recto 4x12 cab and with the volumes at over half...thatd be too much. Itd probly distort the speakers. Have you tried it at high volume levels?
Quote by kurdtkobaign
^ ok then. But bass at 10...jeez. With a Recto 4x12 cab and with the volumes at over half...thatd be too much. Itd probly distort the speakers. Have you tried it at high volume levels?

i wish, ive only play the triple recto at guitar center, so i never really go to crank it like i wanted to
I think youll find the bass to be over powering once you start to crank it. At high volumes everything changes so you kind of nee to re-EQ it to compensate. Mark Tremonti pulls it off, but hes not running JUST a guitar and amp...hes got a lot more going on 'behind the scenes'.
Quote by kurdtkobaign
I think youll find the bass to be over powering once you start to crank it. At high volumes everything changes so you kind of nee to re-EQ it to compensate. Mark Tremonti pulls it off, but hes not running JUST a guitar and amp...hes got a lot more going on 'behind the scenes'.

yeah i know at high volumes how tone changes. and yeah i know, he has a gang of **** in his rack mounts.
well everyone who buys a recto from us we just say put everything in the middle and find your tone the mesa rep told us thats the best way to find a good setting with mesa since its a real fine tune to get your tone
Quote by kurdtkobaign
^ *salutes* yes SIR Mr. 3 posts.

That was actually me on my friends account, forgot i wasnt logged in.

Make that *salutes* yes SIR Mr. 1500 posts.