Well, I play death metal kind of stuff like Carcass, Arch Enemy, and Strapping Young Lad and I'm planning on buying an Ibanez RG370DX. Any good? If not, I'll only pay maybe $20 more for a guitar leaps and bounds better. I'll be running it through a Spider II(I know) if that has anything to do with it.
Umm, well I'm assuming you are going to be playing lots of drop tuning then.
The guitar is decent, but I would find a guitar with higher output pickups to eliminate the feedback and extra noise you can get from low tunings. I would recommend you to look at some Schecters, they are good for Metal/Death Metal.

If you get a distortion pedal to run through the clean channel on your amp (That is what I do. I have the same amp), then you will be fine. Really, the insane channel isn't too terribly bad, you just have to have the EQ set good.
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

I'm gonna be in standard B a lot, was thinking maybe getting a 7-string but there's less choices and they would probably be more expensive. Would you recommend the usual EMG's for new pickups and what kind of pedal? And what Schecter's should I check out?
emgs are good. pedal wise you could use boss metal zone... i dunno if thats enough or what but its pretty good. and i would recommend the shecter c-1 hellraiser, or fr hellraiser if you want a floyd rose. jackson dkmgs are also have very good crunchy/metal sounds if you maybe wanna check those out too.
[B]Member of the Orange Revolution Club. Buy an Orange to join.
Member #16 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join.
I'm kinda new with the specific equipment parts like pickups, so passive or active? I'll check out those Schecters and is there some reason I can't find any EMG's on Sam Ash's website? Do they sell them there?
Here are some links to some guitars:
C-1 Hellraiser
Damien 7
C-7 Blackjack
I would recommend those.

As far as pedals go, here are your 2 best bets:
Metal Master
Metal Zone
I have the first one, and I love it!

Either decent Seymore Duncans, or EMGs will do the trick for pickups.

Quote by grampastumpy
I'm kinda new with the specific equipment parts like pickups, so passive or active? I'll check out those Schecters and is there some reason I can't find any EMG's on Sam Ash's website? Do they sell them there?

Definitely active for these guitars. Active means they are powered by a battery, which gives it a higher output. Meaning they keep out the most unneccesary sound.
EMG's are hard to find. look it up on google. You should be able to find a site that sells them.
- FJ

If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

Last edited by flyingjew34 at Jul 28, 2006,
Oh that's not good...my parents have a thing about buying stuff on the internet. But thanks for the recommendations.
What do you mean?... Do they think the government is gonna hide drugs in your new guitar?

Go to your local guitar shop and ask them where you can find some EMGs.
- FJ