Ive been getting into these two bands and Im looking for advice. If I were to buy 1 album by each, what albums should I get?
complete discography for minor threat and 13 songs for fugazi if you are just getting into them. But I think this is the wrong forum for both
I have Steady Diet of Nothing and 13 Songs by Fugazi, and I'd definately recommend 13 Songs.
13 Songs by Fugazi is probably one of the best albums you'll ever hear.
Quote by TiMaRmStRoNg101
there was once this girl
in my school
and she was like
'greenday is so punk'

and i was all
omgelitist
'fawkofffffffffff'
and punched her in the face.
cause i can do that
cause I know more about punk rock and stuff
The only Minor Threat CD you'll need is Complete Discography.

13 Songs is good. Try Rites Of Spring (band) too.
'Complete Discography' by Minor Threat and 'Repeater'/'13 Songs' by Fugazi.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Quote by yeahyeah
complete discography for minor threat and 13 songs for fugazi if you are just getting into them. But I think this is the wrong forum for both

how is this the wrong forum. I guess you mean cause theres a hardcore forum. The only hardcore bands that go in there only are ****ty "metalcore" bands.

But hey you picked the the albums i was thinking.
Quote by yeahyeah

People don't really get what hardcore is anymore, so 80s hardcore should probably stay in here where people understand.
Quote by Pick It Up123
minor threat is good...fugazi SUCKS!
get the minor threat discog

Oh no you di'nt!

For Fugazi, I'd recommend Red Medicine if you're looking for their overall best album, 13 Songs or Repeater if you're looking for their most accessible.

Minor Threat, get the Complete Discography, obviously.
Wade in the water, child.
Quote by Pick It Up123
minor threat is good...fugazi SUCKS!
get the minor threat discog

I like Fugazi more than Minor Threat.
Quote by AWA
Oh no you di'nt!

hahaha, oh yes he did.

i dunno bout fugazi, but get minor threats complete discography. in case you havent noticed yet, its on one disc.
Foo-gah-zee

My favorite band.
Wade in the water, child.
Minor Threat, just get the discog. That's about all I'm able to find.

And I hate to just repeat what everyone else is saying, but 13 Songs is amazing. One of my favorite CDs ever (it's in my car right now). I also have Repeater and In On the Kill Taker. Good albums, but nothing compares to 13 IMHO. (Repeater would be my second choice, I can't tell you how many times I've wrote a song and realized it was "Brendan #1" )
#DTWD
Last edited by primusfan at Jul 29, 2006,
Quote by dwnsjane
Minor Threat- Complete Discography
Fugazi- 13 Songs
Those are the two im planning on getting.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions
I think Best Buy carries a lot of Fugazi, so that would be your best chance of finding it.
Fugazi and Minor Threat are two different bands in my book. My favorite Fugazi is "13 Songs". And my favorite Minor Threat is their self-titled EP.
Quote by MattTheArsonist
Fugazi and Minor Threat are two different bands in my book. My favorite Fugazi is "13 Songs". And my favorite Minor Threat is their self-titled EP.

They're definately very different. I don't even think Fugazi's a punk band, but they're very good, and they have good themes in their songs.
yeah, complete discography. i don't have it, but i've heard it and it's minor threat, so...ya know?
Everyone should own the Complete Discography, it's amazing.
Member of The Black Flaggots Club. Pm pinheadslts75 to join.
If youre a punk with a low budget get THE FIRST DEMO TAPE, its like five bucks for like seven minutes of hardcore heaven
Quote by Spaceman_Spiff
I went to the store and couldnt find either band. Sigh

Damn, even the Best Buy near me has both bands, and loads of Complete Discography by Minor Threat, which is kind of surprising. And my local FYE carries a buttload of Fugazi, but no Minor Threat. It's strange you can't find either. I reccomend cduniverse.com, it usually has the best prices.
when it comes to Minor Threat, the only choice really is the Complete Discography.

as for Fugazi, most people so easily shout out "13 Songs", but I think "Repeater" is a much better album and better portrays the band. However, "In On The Killtaker" is my favourite album by them
Any Fugazi album is a good purchase.

Threadstarter: You should find The Evens' s/t debut. It's really good. But advice: If you do buy the Evens record, you should listen to Fugazi's The Argument first. It makes much more sense afterwards.
Minor Threat - Complete Disco.

Fugazi - Repeater + 3 Songs, I actually like it better than 13 songs, but thats because i'm weird.