ive just got a new guitar, and on my old squire, this never happened. But anyway, more to the point. When I play, i keep getting sticky white powder left on the guitar neck, i asume its the salt from my sweat (i sweat alot), just wondering if the salt would carrode the wood or doany damage?
it could after a while, just keep a towel near your guitar and wipe the neck after playing.
oh man, quite revolting....but just yeah, try wipe down the guitar with a towel after each time you play.
Founder Of The "Jimmy Page Stole All Of My Potential Riffs" Club PM To Join!.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Meh, I usually just buy them off the local shaman, unless I'm in the wilderness, where I rely on raw meat to raise my HP.
haha you are a freak

just smile and all your unhappiness will vanish

Quote by Duff_McGee
Masturbate. A lot. Seriously.

<----This is a man
^ not very funny dude

It is strange though...are you sure it's salt? maybe you could taste a tiny little bit of it to be sure... if it's salty, you'll just have to keep a towel around for when it starts to bother you again.
its a squier so dont worry about it too much but yeh keep a towel near you so when it really bothers you just get a towel and wipe it
Could be evil doers placing a "suspicious substance" on your guitar.
Call the FBI.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
its a squier so dont worry about it too much but yeh keep a towel near you so when it really bothers you just get a towel and wipe it

He was saying that he didn't have the problem with his squier, it's on his new guitar.

I've seriously never heard this problem before, how is it possible to sweat so much? My word... Would using anti-perspirant on your hands work
Quote by Cocnut Rag
haha you are a freak

just smile and all your unhappiness will vanish

NOT FUNNY!

Anyway, what kind of finish does it have? Could be quite a few things...
I'll look at my repair book. We'll see what Mr. Erlewine has to say.
Quote by ColdNovembeRain
I have carpal tunnel, caused by profuse masturbation.
gawd, that's gonna get sigged...

Jesus for president, king, emperor, vice president, chairman, prime minister...ect. PM Cashewchaching to join the campaign. or just sig it.
Maybe you have "highly acitic sweat" like Rory Gallagher did. His sweat ripped the paint off his guitar!
well its an epiphone iommi sig model, and i sweat a hell of alot, i proberly sweat the most in my year. And rory gallager story,ow no this bad lol
Umm Try a wrist badn On your arm it will stop the sweat from your arm getting to your hand James Hetfield does it and it should take it down to a minimum or were some kind of cotton gloves
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
I wondered why Rory Gallaghers guitar had near to no paint, i didnt think he could of droped it at every angle :p

wear sweatbands, and keep a towel around you
grab some 4/0 grit steel wool, put masking tape on the fretboard, between the frets, and wipe away at the frets. That is, if it requires cleaning from the sweat.
Quote by drevil814
Be a man and tell her off. If that doesn't work, a roundhouse kick to the face will.

Quote by flesh fries
im not racist....ive got a color tv
Quote by BlinkBlinkBlink
grab some 4/0 grit steel wool, put masking tape on the fretboard, between the frets, and wipe away at the frets. That is, if it requires cleaning from the sweat.

thats to clean the frets. i think the ts is getting it on the back of the guitar neck
yeah back of the neck, anyway, i licked a bit of it, and it doesnt taste salty. It sort of has a stick white powder. I am assuming its of my hand, cause it only in the place where i touch the guitar, eg jsut above the bridge, and on the back of the neck. Why does it happen on my new guitar>? and not on my old one?
different finish or material probably..dunno what could be happening though....
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
anthrax
My Amazing Gear:
Parker PM20
Parker P-38
Ampeg R212R Reverbrocket
Yamaha YPT-300