I was just wondering what you guys were using for picks as I'm experimenting with what I use, trying out tortex 1mm and a Dunlop Jazz 3XL. So yeah, what do you guys arm your wrist with?
Thanks for reading
Dunlop Jazz (super small, sharp tips) 1.14mm
Gear:

Gibson Les Paul Custom (Ebony)
Bodenhamer modded Maxon OD808
Marshall DSL 401 Combo
Mesa/Boogie F-50 w/ Marshall TSL 2x12 cab
I like thin picks i've got this one which i got from a mate called the sharkfin its great but i do have a clue who makes it!
Originally Posted by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.

I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.

No one dies as a virgin. Life f**ks us all
My weapon of choice is the much sought after dunlop jazz 3 pick ( the tear drop black ones used by Batio, Dimbag, and Petrucci nuff said).
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
fender premium celluloid picks (medium)
My Gear:

Epi Les Paul Standard
Fender 48th Street Strat
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
Martin Koa Acoustic
Some crappy unnamed bass
thin planet waves or dunlop picks
I don't ask for much
Truth be told I'll settle for
A life less frightening, a life less frightening
Quote by The Virtuoso
My weapon of choice is the much sought after dunlop jazz 3 pick ( the tear drop black ones used by Batio, Dimbag, and Petrucci nuff said).

Same.
At the moment I'm using M.R.W. celluloid picks. All I really know about picks is that Dunlop's suck, so I don't really have a favourite. I'm gonna have to buy more next time I go to the store, so I'll try all the different ones then.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
Either Thin Fender Triangle picks I've rounded off myself or Planet Wave .64's.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Jim Dunlop Delrin 2.0mm picks
Jazz 3mm picks
Credit Card (large sharp edged triangle shaped) picks, homemade

yea, i am a fan of thick picks and sharp picks
I use Fender Celluloid picks. Thickness you ask? Heavy!
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

Dunlop Tortex .50's
Quote by DoTheEvolution
It's worse pissing when you come in from the really cold weather and your penis has shrunken to the size of a coffee stir straw and the piss feels like the blast from a super soaker.
Quote by Johnljones7443
Fender Medium California Clears.

lol those are **** i go through about 2 every month or so. my dunlops have lasted about two months now
i started with fenders, but they always seemed to break (i probably was playing to hard when i started which explains it)

but since then ive used tortex greens or purples

i use purples if i want, what seems to me sharper solos and greens if im just kinda gonna be strumming, but i guess i just have a ton of both and grab the first i see

try them out, expirement with all kinds, its not like they are expensive, what 30 cents for one?
Quote by azn_guitarist25
lol those are **** i go through about 2 every month or so. my dunlops have lasted about two months now

Personally, I'm very fond of them. I've been using them for three years and have only gone through about 2 packs of 10 - they seem to last me, anyway.

When I'm next out buying picks, I'll keep in mind you think they're asterisk to the power of four and refrain from buying the most reliable pick I've used in eight years.
i think the main idea here is that no pick is for everyone, thats why there are hundreds of them!!!

try em all!
I use red and black brain picks, the reds are .77mm and the black ones are .88mm I think.
Quote by DispsablePuppet
So I was at the store the other day... and your all gay.

Dunlop Jazz 3. I like these because you can play so fast with them.

JACKSON

AND YNGWIE UNLEASHES THE FOCKING FURY ON YOU FOR SPELLING HIS NAME WRONG!!!!!!
I use a Stylus Pick and My own, home made, practice pick for working on my
picking accuracy and speed. My pick:

When playing I absolutely LOVE the UltraPick. I think it is only available from
http://www.easyjazzguitar.com/

I also like Cymbal picks and Dana Control Picks when I feel like using a metal pick.
Black gibson heavy (think its 1.2mm or someting)
and
fender tortoise shell (celluloid?) heavy
Dunlop 1mm Tortex or Fender Heavys

Member #32 of Dunlop Pick Fan club PM gtrfrk123 to join

1st member of DR Strings are the best strings PERIOD! club PM CodySG to join

Member Of The Jackson/Charvel Owners Club
PM Tarzan_Man To Join
My favourite pick has the be Dunlop Tortex sixties but sometimes I use Tortex 1.14s for stuff like Metallica. i think 60s are ideal as they give you enough feel but aren't too flexy.