About a year ago (i'm only getting around to posting this now, as I am very lazy) I purchased a guitar from a pawn shop that had caught my eye. It is a B.C. Rich LA Series.... similair to their ASM. It is a great guitar which both sounds and plays great. It has 22 frets, diamond shaped fretboard inlays, and three switches; one on/off for each pickup. I love it..... the only problem is that no matter how hard I look or how many people I ask, nobody has heard of an LA Series. Anywhere. I can find no mention of one on B.C.Rich's website, no online reviews....nothing. Has ANYBODY ever heard of this guitar?
Last edited by slapfunk_101 at Jul 28, 2006,
BC Rich haven't made LA series guitars guitars in over 10 years now. Quite honestly, I've only seen a few and I'm not sure exactly where they sit in the "quality order" of BC Rich. However, I know they they're better than all the low end BC Rich schlock available these days. From my recollection (guitarist in an old band I played with had one - strat-shape with H-S-S and a Floyd), it just slayed the 'matching' Platinum series he used as a backup.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Yes, it is strat shape and has a floyd. Since it is old and no longer made, would they be worth any amount of money? Though I would never sell it, I love it too much.... Anyway, Thanks man..... I am glad to know a little bit about this guitar.
imo if know-one knows about a guitar that you own you probably wont be getting much for it but if it catches the eye of a bc rich fanboy then heck see how much he will pay for it
Sorry I can't give you more info. This is just what I remember. These guitars were sort of geared towards the 80s hair metal bands which at the time all sported superstrats loaded with H-S-H or H-S-S pickup setups and Floyds. I know my friend's Platinum series had a really crappy "Floyd Licensed" (I use that term loosely) bridge that looked like an ugly, oversized standard strat bridge wiht fine tuners, and the LA had a Licensed Floyd that actually LOOKED like the real thing. It sounded a lot better than his Platinum too.

I personally really like the 3 on/off switch setup for pickups. I've modded every strat I've owned to have that setup, including 3-way switches for coil taps on humbuckers. That gives the most tonal versatility.

And it was just one of their standard import series guitars. I don't think it's worth any more than a couple of hundred bucks at most. They're not exactly rare or sought-after guitars.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor