I'm getting an Ibanez SAS36Fm in about a week and i need a new amp, and you bitches are gonna help me pick! = )

My current one is a marshall mg15cdr in other words, ****! I'm looking for a 30-50 wat that can play classic rock, metal and heavy metal.

My main influences are Foo Fighters, Qotsa, Eodm and Iron Maiden.

Money wise it should be around £300
Quote by Tom Martin

Jeez... if your house was on fire, what would you do? Phone the fire department, or go on UG and ask us what to do?
vox valvetronix
Gibson LesPaul Standard 1958 Custom Shop
Fender Stratocaster 70s Reissue
Charvel-Jackson Vintage Acoustic
Vox ac30
Valvetronix is a great choice, but do yourself a favor and don't bother with anything less than their 50W model.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
The Vox is nice, but for classic to metal, go with Line 6 spider 2. It has 4 built in effects. Ive had mine for about a month now and havent been dissapointed.
Duct tape. I need it for... taping something.
Quote by Poppafrito
The Vox is nice, but for classic to metal, go with Line 6 spider 2. It has 4 built in effects. Ive had mine for about a month now and havent been dissapointed.

DO NOT GET A SPIDER!!! Worse amps ever. They're good for a first amp for home practice, but beyond that, they're utter garbage in every respect. Sorry Poppa, but you'll be singing a different tune about your amp as soon as you try to use it for anything othe than bedroom practice.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Quote by Poppafrito

My school has this amp, and i really really don't like it, just not my style really.
Quote by Tom Martin

Jeez... if your house was on fire, what would you do? Phone the fire department, or go on UG and ask us what to do?
Look into the Roland Cubes as well, i mean cube and vox are 2 amps to definately test. i play lots of MoP stuff and RtL stuff on Rectifier setting on my cube and it sounds pretty nice.
Second for the Roland Cube.

Unless you can grab a cheap tube amp off ebay and then just get some pedals. That is how I like to do things. Someone in a forum thread earlier suggested the Laney VC15 and a pedal....

Remember that 15 watt tube amp is going to be about as loud as a typical 60 watt solid state amp.

Check is out seriously. Head to a guitar store and try one of the laneys. You'll need to turn the master volume about half-way up... and the gain at least half way up also... that will give you kind of that glassy foo fighters rock sound. Then use a pedal to push you into metal... or keep turning the amps gain up until you make it to Iron maiden. You will need a pedal to make it to metallica though.

Cheers
My Favorite Rig Of The Moment

Fender American Strat -> Barber Tone Press -> Xotic AC Booster -> Keeley TS9 -> Hughes & Kettner TubeFactor -> Fender Blues Junior
I did have a cube 15 and it is a good amp. All I use mine for is practice anyway. but if you want to use a footswitch for it, get the 30 or bigger. If you gig out a lot you should use a 75 watt . But dont listen to us, try out a bunch and make your own decision. Read the review section too.
Duct tape. I need it for... taping something.
Last edited by Poppafrito at Jul 28, 2006,
Hey I have a Peavey Classic 50 for sale. I dont mind shipping to England. Lemme know
I'd say either a Vox Valvetronix AD50VT or maybe a Laney LC15II (the Laney is all-tube, and 15 watts tube=about 37 watts solid-state).
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join
www.gak.co.uk have an offer on for the laney vc30 for £300. I'd go with that, if you don't play too much metal. Remember to turn it up loud (volume at least 5) when you're trying it out, as that will increase the amount of distortion you can get.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?