I just got my first tube amp, a TSL601 and I was just wondering, what is better for playing at lower volumes?

Lower crunch/lead volume and higher master
or
High crunch/lead volume and lower master

I realise the best sound is all out loud but for when i do practice a little quieter what's going to best saturate the tubes?

I know some are probably going to suggest I use what sounds best but seriously i've had this amp for 2 days and it has so many different setups and trying to find the best is gonna take a while, this might just speed up the process

Cheers
i have a DSL and i just have baout half and half. i dont like the sound of the gain volume (pre amp) cranked, nor do i like the sound with no pre ano, so i go half and half.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Cheers Joel, I'll give it a go tomorrow, if I crank up now I'll be sleepin on the couch tonight. First jam session with it this Sunday, can't wait
Quote by treagar
I just got my first tube amp, a TSL601 and I was just wondering, what is better for playing at lower volumes?

Lower crunch/lead volume and higher master
or
High crunch/lead volume and lower master

I realise the best sound is all out loud but for when i do practice a little quieter what's going to best saturate the tubes?

I know some are probably going to suggest I use what sounds best but seriously i've had this amp for 2 days and it has so many different setups and trying to find the best is gonna take a while, this might just speed up the process

Cheers

I own this ampand I start with the gain @ 10, volume @ 5, then set the master
I'll try that too REBARMAN99 I guess it already looks like it's gonna be a case of having to try heaps til i find what i like.