I'm still trying to find my tone but my Fender Hotrod Deville isn't quite doing what I want.

So I'm looking for a versatile amp.
I play everything Blues,Jazz,Classic rock,Metal,Indie,Alternative

So it needs to have clean tones to a light crunch to a heavy crunch to a balls out overdrive/distortion.

So I was thinking Orange but I'm open to any ideas.

Thanks
Quote by King'sXfan590
Emo hating is becoming a bigger trend than being emo.

Quote by 1,57$
Is there mosh pits in James Blunt shows?
actually orange sounds good pretty good for what you want or maybe a JCM 800
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
How are the clean tones on the JCM 800.
Quote by King'sXfan590

Quote by 1,57$
A Marshall JCM800 would be pretty good, and yes, the cleans on it are nice. However, make sure you get a 2 channel JCM800, the one channel isn't versatile enough. Also, look into an Orange AD50. It's also a great amp. Here's a site where you can find some sound clips:

http://www.proguitar.de/AudioDemo/CompareAmps/CompareAmps.html
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join
What's your price limit, as that will affect the suggestions you get more than anything?
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
I agree that Orange amps are what you are looking for.... but before that let me give you a few tips with the hot rod deluxe before you give up on it.

Get a 212 closed back cabinet with some celestions 1 greenback and 1 G12H30 this will get you closer to the indie and rock sound. If you still don't like it then at least you have a cab for your Orange head.

Also, changing tubes and rebiasing is extremely imortant (grab some groove tubes in the white color code and get the amp rebiased... this will give earlier rock distortion)

Also a tubescreamer can always come in handy for indie and laternative music.

These sugesstions won't cost a ton. But the cab is especially important.

Good Luck
My Favorite Rig Of The Moment

Fender American Strat -> Barber Tone Press -> Xotic AC Booster -> Keeley TS9 -> Hughes & Kettner TubeFactor -> Fender Blues Junior
Quote by Crunchmeister
What's your price limit, as that will affect the suggestions you get more than anything?

+1.

also, I disagree that orange amps are what you're after if you play any kind of modern metal...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thanks for the cab idea I think i'll try that first.
Quote by King'sXfan590

Quote by 1,57$