hey guys i am looking for a DUNCAN bridge humbucker and i play mostly rythym guitar. I have a gibson les paul. Ihave been looking through the SH-5 custom, SH-6 distortion, JB4, and the SH-8 invaders (which i have heard are kinda muddy)
i am not sure which one of these to buy, so if you guys could give me any thoughts/opinions on these plese let me know. i play mostly metal and hard rock music
check out the livewire metal ones too, or even a dimebucker.
Fender American Deluxe Ash Stratocaster (2000)
Fender Classic Player 60's Stratocaster
Marshall JCM900 100w head & 4x12 cab

Korg DT-10 Tuner; Boss DD-3 Digital Delay; Jim Dunlop JH-1B Wah; Boss RT-20 Rotary Ensemble; MXR EVH Phase 90.
if ure lukin for a Duncan humbee. It has to be SPH 90-1 Phat Cat.The best humbucker. Period.
get the JB, Many Artsist uses them, Iron Maiden, Megadeth etc......
Fender Strat 60th Anniv HotRoded
others

Marshall 1980 JMP 2203
Marshall JCM900 1960A Cab
Valve Jr.

VOX v847a Modded
EHX Small Clone Modded
Maxon OD-820
MXR 1978 Flanger
Digitech Whammy
TC Polytune
Custom LPB-1 Boost
Okay, the Phat Cat is a P90... probably a good rock tone... but with the 60 cycle hum.
My Favorite Rig Of The Moment

Fender American Strat -> Barber Tone Press -> Xotic AC Booster -> Keeley TS9 -> Hughes & Kettner TubeFactor -> Fender Blues Junior
For metal and hard rock in a duncan bucker I think you are looking at the right humbuckers.

SH5 Custom - Aggressive with descent bass and mids - nice top probly due to AlNiCo 5

SH6 Distortion - The most aggressive.. Pretty rippin.

JB4 - Mids and treble, very little bass... good for leads bad for rhythm.

Dimbucker - kind of a scooped pickup... thats why it is good for metal, not so much for rock.

Full Shred - like the invader but less bass and mids (not as muddy)

It is really a matter of preference. If you have a real gibson les paul... you will probably be happy with one that in is not treble crazy but not too middy either. So, if it were me I would eliminate the JB4, and the Full shred because of their excessive highs. Remember they are excessive because the rest of the pickup doesn't have a lot of mids and bass... A pickup that can pickup a bit of everything that slightly leans toward the treble side that is what you are looking for.

Based on that I would go with the SH5 Duncan Custom. Plenty of highs without being excessive, plenty of bass and meat to be a good rock pickup.

Good Luck
My Favorite Rig Of The Moment

Fender American Strat -> Barber Tone Press -> Xotic AC Booster -> Keeley TS9 -> Hughes & Kettner TubeFactor -> Fender Blues Junior
well, the invader is sh1t so i'd avoid that. The dimebucker isn't much better. The jb is more rock than metal, unless you consider megadeth metal. the distortion is alright, but nothing special. I haven't tried the custom.

Must you go with duncan?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
we'll i said duncan because everyone said Dimarzio's are more for lead players and shredding, and i'm a rythm player. also everyone says duncans are alot more versitale
^ not really. plenty of lead players use duncans, and vice versa. I can see what they mean a little though. Though to be honest, duncans aren't really known for their high gain pickups.

Would you be willing to look into other brands? what's your budget?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?